My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Wide-legged trousers - then and now?

4 replies

MaudesMum · 12/10/2018 09:17

I've just dug out a pair of wide-legged trousers which I must have bought at some point between 2004 & 2008 and have therefore been sitting in a storage box for at least 10 years. They're from Jigsaw, grey and in a light wool-type material and need a good press, but are otherwise fine and currently fit really well, in a slightly loose and slouchy kind of way. I want to wear them again, but only if they look up to date, rather than the sort of trousers that a 50-something woman wears when she doesn't know any better. Any tips on how to style them, and in particular should I leave them slightly too long so they slightly puddle over chunky brogues/ankle boots? I would have originally worn them with high heels but those days are definitely past!

OP posts:
ArkAtEee · 12/10/2018 09:20

Yes they should be slightly long. They sound really nice.

EdinaMonsoon · 12/10/2018 12:51

Definitely go for flats rather than heels. I always think heels make wide leg trousers look too early noughties office wear. I wear mine with trainers (Adidas Superstars) and chunky brogues. And yes, you should absolutely let them puddle over the foot but without letting them traipse on the floor. Mine sit a centimentre above the floor.

Gillybobs · 12/10/2018 15:51

Trainers or metallic loafers if (like me) trainers aren't your thing?

MaudesMum · 12/10/2018 19:11

Brilliant - thank you!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.