My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Biden Richmond trousers. Size down or true to size?

16 replies

holasoydora · 29/09/2018 17:50

I want to invest in some of these. I want fitted but not so fitted that I don't want to wear them (have desk job).

But some Boden trousers in my size (14) seem to be huge and the reviews don't work on my Kindle Fire!

Thanks Smile

OP posts:
holasoydora · 29/09/2018 17:51

Boden!

OP posts:
starlingsintheslipstream · 29/09/2018 17:51

I size down. I'm a 16 generally but buy a 14.

holasoydora · 29/09/2018 17:57

Thanks starling that is good to know!

Another baggy trouser episode averted.

OP posts:
MoltonSilver · 29/09/2018 18:11

Starling, do they shrink at all? I ordered my usual size but they are too big. I think a size down might be too small.

Threehoursfromhome · 29/09/2018 18:49

I found them quite small, but it might depend on your shape. I'm an hourglass. Bought a 14, then lost 10kg and am now a 12 in most shops but the Richmond size 14s are the one pair of pre-weight loss trousers which still fit and actually still feel quite snug on my hips. Their USP, I think, is the thickness of the fabric and the high amount of elastine so they do have quite a 'fitted' feel. If you're apple-shaped with slender hips, you might need to size down, otherwise I would stay at size.

ArkAtEee · 29/09/2018 18:56

I second what ThreeHours says. I usually size down at Boden but as I have a big bum I went up toy normal size and found them very tight with a gaping waist. Size well up if you're hourglass or pear.

Leobynature · 29/09/2018 19:10

I don’t shave when the weather changes, I have really dark long leg hair too. DH has once complained but I told him to get lost and that was the end of that

neveradullmoment99 · 29/09/2018 19:11

I found them true to size tbh. I would not fit the smaller size around the waist.

LadyLapsang · 29/09/2018 19:22

I find them generously sized and sadly they gape at the waist and there are no belt hoops.

holasoydora · 29/09/2018 19:56

Thanks for your comments. Is this a case of the mysteriously changing sizes of Boden clothes? I once ordered three pairs of the same jeans and had a different fit on all. I think I will order both sizes in these and send one back....

And leo I would say the same to my DH Grin

OP posts:
Leobynature · 29/09/2018 22:15

Lol 🙈 I posted on the wrong thread

Fozzleyplum · 29/09/2018 22:47

I'd say size down. I bought the right size for my measurements, and they were plenty big enough. After the first wear, they had stretched but did not shrink back until washed. I ended up getting rid of them because they were too baggy.

BookMeOnTheSudExpress · 30/09/2018 08:27

Order both and send one back.
I am definitely a 12 these days in Next/M&S and Boden jeans...have navy Richmond's in a 10 from about 3 yrs ago and can still wear them, though I have black ones in a 12. Put on top of each other the main difference is on the leg Hmm the knee and shin of the 12s are considerably bigger but that's not where I am! It does make the knee area crumple and ride up which is annoying. Still fab trousers though.

Gap bi-stretch give them a run for their money though too. I live in Richmond's or bi-stretch.

holasoydora · 30/09/2018 11:33

Oh thanks, I will have a look at the Gap bi-stretch too. I have some Jigsaw bi-stretch in both 12 and 14 and wear both, but neither is quite right, though they look perfect on my mum and sister.

OP posts:
holasoydora · 30/09/2018 11:36

Fozzley I also have this problem with some Boden trousers... the 7/8/Rachel chinos are like that and I don't wear the Boden Hampshire trousers I got for that reason. About to give them away. Frustrating!

OP posts:
Fozzleyplum · 30/09/2018 11:54

I've just had to send back some if their jeans for the same reason. They feel great, but don't spring back until washed and look far too big. It's a shame because they are one of the few affordable brands which do a 33 or 34 inside leg.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.