My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Ive started running where can I put my purse and keys?

29 replies

EachandEveryone · 26/09/2018 10:08

It’s early days yet but I’m enjoying it. I have a big hoody but it’s too hot. I don’t have much money really I need somewhere to put my music and keys and bank card. Any ideas?

OP posts:
QueenOfTheAndals · 26/09/2018 10:10

You could probably get one of those armbands that hold your phone so that you can listen to music, and shorts/jogging bottoms with a zipped pocket for your keys and bank card.

jenthehen · 26/09/2018 10:11

I have a tiny elasticated belt (mine’s called an SPI belt but there are other brands on Amazon etc). It’s stretch and just big enough for phone and keys.

NotANotMan · 26/09/2018 10:12

Get a flip belt. Much more comfortable than an arm thing. About a fiver on eBay

KatnissMellark · 26/09/2018 10:12

Flip belt

CalonGlas · 26/09/2018 10:13

I've got a pair of Sweaty Betty run leggings with a zipped pocket in the back - big enough for my phone and a key. This is a crucial feature, as it allows me to subtract the cost of an armband/bumbag from the cost of the leggings, thus making them a sensible and reasonably priced purchase instead of the slightly insane amount they actually were.

Quite a lot of gym kit now has little concealed pockets if you look. I've got a running top from Tu at Sainsburys with a teeny tiny key/iPod nano sized pocket.

Temporaryanonymity · 26/09/2018 10:13

I have leggings with a tiny pocket at the back. That's where I keep my key. I stick my phone in my bra (classy) but don't take a bank card or money.

jenthehen · 26/09/2018 10:13

On another note, if I’m running alone I carry my keys in my hand as a self-defence method(would make a nasty scratch if needed).

Thirtyrock39 · 26/09/2018 10:16

If you get a running belt for your phone make sure you put your keys separate I've lost a couple of door keys checking my phone while running !

AuntieStella · 26/09/2018 10:16

I have a mild running gadget addiction, and have all the the holders/belts listed above! The one I use most is the flipbelt, because it's the one I find easiest to get things in and out of without stopping.

They've just brought out a new style that includes a zipped pocket, as well as the slide-in slots plus key hook. I might have to treat myself .....

WhereAreWeNow · 26/09/2018 10:20

Like Jenthehen I keep my key in my hand for self defence. I don't take a purse. If I plan to stop at a shop on the way back or something I'll just take a fiver and put it in the little pocket in the waistband of my running leggings (or the pocket of my running jacket in the winter). I've got one of the wristband pocket things too but I never use it. And an armband thing for the phone.

NerdyBird · 26/09/2018 10:36

I use a belt. It's got a zip for security, a key hook and a wee hole to thread your headphones through. It's also waterproof. I prefer it to an arm band.

ICantBelieveIDidThis · 26/09/2018 10:37

Bum bag or running belt.

CMOTDibbler · 26/09/2018 10:39

I have a tiny mp3 player that goes on my waistband or bra. Keys go in the zipped pocket of my leggings, and if I needed money for anything (unusual), it goes in a plastic bag in the zip pocket.
On long runs, I use a flip belt for my phone and for emergency cereal bars

butlerswharf · 26/09/2018 10:40

Running leggings with a little zipped pocket at the back of the waist band. You don't notice it unlike an armband

ItsAllGoingToBeFine · 26/09/2018 10:41

Another vote for a flipbelt copy

EachandEveryone · 26/09/2018 10:49

You i run to M and S or Aldi and walk back woth my shopping which is why i need the purse.

OP posts:
Barbayagar · 26/09/2018 11:15

I have an elasticated zip belt from Decathlon but it won't hold a purse, just cash/card, phone, keys.

Omeletteandbeans · 26/09/2018 11:55

I have a tiny zip pocket in the back of my M&S running leggings that I put a key in (house or car depending on where I'm running) and I hold my phone in my hand for catching Pokemon

You wouldn't fit a bank card in there but a folded up £20 note would go in.

Off to investigate flip belts now...

Thecatisboss · 26/09/2018 12:03

I've got one running belt already but it bounces with my (too large) phone in there. Following this thread I've just bought off ebay an imitation flip belt to see if that is better.

forevernotyoung · 26/09/2018 14:06

Flip belt

MyFamilyAndOtherAnimals1 · 26/09/2018 15:17

I find running belts really uncomfortable as mine used to move around a lot. If you're going shopping afterwards, why not wear a proper running vest (like the ultimate direction ones)? - they're really comfy!

princessbear80 · 26/09/2018 15:44

Spi belt is good.

Keys - if you have no pockets occasionally I’ve resorted to looping them through the drawstring on leggings/tied to shoelaces/through hairband.

Phone down bra as a last resort, with bank card/note tucked into phone case.

Last two ideas are not great but can help while you figure out whether you want a belt or armband

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

princessbear80 · 26/09/2018 15:45

In future if you carry on running and buy proper running clothes, always choose stuff with large zippable pockets

EmmaGrundyForPM · 26/09/2018 15:47

Be careful if you buy a Flip belt as there are no zipped pockets. My husband's phone flew out of his and smashed on the oath mid run Sad

fluffiphlox · 26/09/2018 15:48

SPI belt.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.