My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Waterproof smart coat with hood?

9 replies

marmaladecats · 06/09/2018 08:37

Has anyone seen or can recommend a good waterproof coat with a hood that is smart enough for work and meetings etc? I've got drop offs in two different directions to school and nursery starting next week and really dislike pushing a buggy and trying to hold an umbrella at the same time. From there I go straight to work and often have meetings out and about so needs to be fairly smart. Thanks

OP posts:
LGFuad · 06/09/2018 08:43

I bought this recently for walking with the pram but not looking like I was going for a hike:

arcteryx.com/gb/en/shop/womens/codetta-coat

Fairly expensive but proper waterproof and I am hoping it will last me a long time!!

marmaladecats · 06/09/2018 09:45

Thanks, that does look nice but think I need something knee length as otherwise the rain runs onto my thighs and drives me nuts!

OP posts:
nononsene · 06/09/2018 12:18

I've just bought this protected species mac. It's fab!

calabalamuc · 06/09/2018 12:28

Really rate this from Seasalt. The belt can be fastened behind your back and it looks better that way I think. Material feels lovely, hood great, waterproof and breatheable and the navy one is reduced!

www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk/waterproof-jackets-raincoats/lightweight-coat/waterproof-cotton-a-line-westerly-raincoat-mac_graphite.htm

PopGoesTheWeaz · 06/09/2018 12:41

any thoughts on the uniqlo blocktech ones?

the seasalt ones dont look right on me (or enough for me to justify the price/commit to one) so wondered about these instead.

www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/product/women-blocktech-coat-400699.html

raininthenightgarden · 06/09/2018 12:43

I have knee length hooded UNIQLO block tech and highly recommend- looks great

LaLaLolly · 06/09/2018 12:53

I live in the land of horizontal rain (Scotland) and my Didrikson is invaluable.

I wore it during the Beast of the East winter and didn't get wet once!

SugarandVinegar · 06/09/2018 12:58

Some smart looking trench coats with hoods here:
happyrainydays.com/gb/shop/trench-coats/

marmaladecats · 06/09/2018 15:10
OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.