My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Didriksons Coats

29 replies

HighwayToSleep · 02/09/2018 11:51

I'm looking to buy a Didriksons coat but unsure which to go for Confused

I'm 5'2 and slim so will one of these coats fit me or will I look like a walking duvet?

Didriksons coat owners please help me.

I'm also open to other suggestions i.e The North Face etc

OP posts:
EdinaMonsoon · 02/09/2018 12:10

I have a Didrikson's parka and feel cosy without feeling swamped. Mine isn't padded though. It's basically goretex outer with a good lining but is warm enough for snowy/very cold weather. I like that the sleeves are a little longer so can accommodate chunky knits without riding up, and the hood actually stays put. I much prefer it to any of my North Face coats.

HighwayToSleep · 02/09/2018 12:38

Thank you EdinaMonsoon. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

I really did suffer last winter. If it's going to be anything like that this time round I want to be prepared.

Just need to decide which to go for.

OP posts:
Sugarpiehoneyeye · 02/09/2018 12:59

Love my Didriksons Parka !

Softpebbles · 02/09/2018 21:19

There was a burgundy one on the TK Max website today. X

HighwayToSleep · 02/09/2018 21:39

Thank you.
I always forget to check out TK Maxx. I shall take a look.

OP posts:
SavoyCabbage · 02/09/2018 21:46

I’m also 5’2 so I got one that shorter rather than arse covering. To avoid looking like I’m in a sleeping bag. Mine isn’t padded either.

HighwayToSleep · 02/09/2018 22:29

Yes, I would like to avoid any kind of padding. Also needs to cover my bum as I just look weird wearing anything shorter if I'm wearing boots.

OP posts:
bingohandjob · 02/09/2018 22:54

Had my Didriksons parka for nearly 3 years now - stood up to way below freezing in Berlin and Iceland, this last snowy rubbery winter, torrential rain. I love it. Mine's slightly padded look but I feel great in it and always get compliments - love it!

HighwayToSleep · 02/09/2018 22:58

Oh I'm in love with them and don't even own one yet!
Can't decide on what style I want as it seems different online stores sell different styles or they don't have my size Confused

OP posts:
SavoyCabbage · 02/09/2018 23:39

It's this one I have http://thegirloutdoors.co.uk/2014/02/17/review-didriksons-ronja-jacket-from-outdoor-world-direct/

So although it isn't over her bum it is on me due to being short.

HighwayToSleep · 02/09/2018 23:57

Thank you SavoyCabbage, that one looks perfect but I can't find it in my size anywhere. Such a shame, it's a lovely coat.

OP posts:
Snog · 03/09/2018 18:05

Oh mumsnet mumsnet.
I have just ordered a Didrikson Meja due to spending too much time on mumsnet. It's to replace my v expensive and heavy Mint Velvet parka from last year which just wasn't very warm despite looking as though it should be.

HighwayToSleep · 03/09/2018 19:07

Oh Snog I know! If it wasn't for mumsnet I would never have heard of Didriksons.
I've found this site invaluable.

I'm still undecided about which style to get, I want to be 100% happy before I take the plunge.

OP posts:
Snog · 03/09/2018 19:16

Mine was half price at Snow and Rock, could be worth taking a look at their website if you haven’t already

HighwayToSleep · 03/09/2018 19:29

Just took a look and they don't have my size in stock. Thank you though I will keep trailing the internet

OP posts:
teawamutu · 03/09/2018 20:12

I ordered the burgundy one on the tk maxx site. Baaaaaaaa 😀

XingMing · 03/09/2018 20:25

I bought two last year but both past seasons. One green and padded, the other blue and lightweight. They fit quite generously, so both mine are size 36, with space for jumpers, and I am a 10-12 in Euro sizes.

HighwayToSleep · 03/09/2018 20:25

I like the burgundy one but not sure the colour would work with most of my wardrobe 😩
I really would like a navy one.

OP posts:
HighwayToSleep · 03/09/2018 20:29

I definitely need a size 8 (34). But proving hard to find in the style/colour I like so far

OP posts:
HighwayToSleep · 03/09/2018 20:57

Success!
I have found one I like in the size I need, yay.

I'm getting the Frida in navy. Cannot wait!

Thank you Mumsnet 😊

OP posts:
teawamutu · 03/09/2018 21:26

I'd have preferred navy or grey, but for £50 and guaranteed warm, waterproof and hood-that-stays-put I'm prepared to compromise. Just hope it fits now - I'm 10-12 and ordered the 12. Should be ok, right? I don't really wear chunky jumpers.

HighwayToSleep · 03/09/2018 21:48

Your right teawamutu, can't really argue with 50 quid.
I think you will be fine with that size, I've read on here they run true to size now.
I hope that's right over wise my coat will look massive.

OP posts:

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

ElizaCBennett · 05/09/2018 16:22

I bought the ‘Mary’ a couple of years ago after a recommendation on here - not been cold enough to wear it since 😂. Have worn it in Ireland though and I love it!

AFistfulofDolores1 · 05/09/2018 16:30

5'3", size 10, and I LOVE mine! (Sometimes the zip gets a bit of getting used to.)

S0upertrooper · 05/09/2018 16:41

I've had a Didrikson for a few years and love it. I have the softer version which is more fitting. The layers are quite thin but the longer you wear it the more the heat builds. I avoided patch pockets and breast pockets as they just add bulk.

Need to dig it out and brush it off!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.