My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Help! Bad skin!

12 replies

Pinkyponkcustard · 31/08/2018 10:12

I have a couple of really awful red, bumpy patches on my skin - they become worse around period time but are noticeable all of the time. Can anyone recommend a cream or treatment that might help?

I currently cleanse and moisturise twice a day with the Aldi red day and night cream.

Help! Bad skin!
OP posts:
sorries · 31/08/2018 10:26

I've just started using 'The Ordinary' products, you can email them to check what they would recommend.
I suffer with pretty extreme adult acne though, so far it seems to be calming my skin (but I take meds too.)

Pinkyponkcustard · 31/08/2018 14:37

Thanks sorries, will look into it x

OP posts:
applepineapple · 31/08/2018 14:39

Is it just around the mouth/ chin area? Could be perioral dermatitis.

Pinkyponkcustard · 31/08/2018 14:40

Yes it is apple, around my nose and chin. Will google. Thank you

OP posts:
IheartBruceparry · 31/08/2018 14:43

I think it might be perioral dermatitis. I had it and managed to get rid of it and keep it at bay. I'll let you know what I did if you're interested.

Pinkyponkcustard · 31/08/2018 14:49

Yes please Bruce. I’ve just read on dr google that not applying cosmetics/creams is the first thing to try! Not sure about going no make up - I look like death warmed up!

OP posts:
Immigrantsong · 31/08/2018 14:51

Do you use acids? If not please start. They help a lot with tone and blemishes, especially spots. I like Paula's Choice BHA and P50 by biologique.

Changedforpost · 31/08/2018 17:01

I totally started getting this round my jaw line like some sort of spotty beard. Nip fab extreme night pads and charcoal face cleaning wipes along with overnight face mask twice a week cleared it

Changedforpost · 31/08/2018 17:03

Must add I have seoborhic (sp) dermatitis and it didn't aggrevate my skin at all. Really helped . My skin was glowing after two weeks. The overnight mask is Dr botanicals overnight mask

IheartBruceparry · 31/08/2018 18:24

So I read that heat and sulphates can aggravate it. I bought SLF free shampoo and toothpastes. I tried to go make-up free when possible. I cleansed every night with coconut oil (it takes off make up) and a muslin/flannel in COLD water to remove the coconut oil. Then a thick covering of Sudocream on it whenever I was home. It cleared within a week after having it on and off for over a year!

Pinkyponkcustard · 02/09/2018 07:59

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed this is the end of the spotty beard Smile

OP posts:
Changedforpost · 02/09/2018 09:22

Glad it's not just me that's having this issue. Never normally have bad skin. I'm attributing it to hormones at this age. Didn't think I'd be dealing with acne at 29....

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.