My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

What is going on with skincare brand Deciem?

13 replies

HavingALittleBabyToolshed · 31/08/2018 03:44

I have loved The Ordinary since I first got my hands on their products and I’ve had a lot of success with them but bloody hell the owner of the brand makes me want to never ever use their products ever again.

Has anyone else been watching their Instagram? There are tales of alleged blackmail, disclosing private medical details, publishing private emails and a whole load of stuff.

www.instagram.com/p/BnGEUuFjW2I/?hl=en This poster is calling for a boycott.

Is anyone else following this?

OP posts:
HavingALittleBabyToolshed · 31/08/2018 03:44
OP posts:
violetbunny · 31/08/2018 04:02

Yeah he is totally out of control. I can only think that they must still be making shit ton of money, or else Estee Lauder would have figured out a way to get rid of him by now. Or at the very least prise the phone from his hands.

MadisonMontgomery · 31/08/2018 12:12

Yes Brandon is nuts. I am always shocked he hasn’t been sectioned yet - some of the things he posts are quite concerning.

HavingALittleBabyToolshed · 31/08/2018 14:17

Yes it is baffling that Estee Lauder haven’t shut him down. Wasn’t it one of the Lauder family he has been ranting at/about?

OP posts:
Housewife2010 · 31/08/2018 18:23

A new brand The Inkey List has just been launched. Similar products and prices to The Ordinary with clearer descriptions and less drama. m.feelunique.com/brands/inkey?q=&filter=fh_location=//c1/en_GB/brand=%7Ba1662%7D/in_stock>%7Bin%7D

HavingALittleBabyToolshed · 31/08/2018 18:29

Housewife2010

Thank you for that! It is useful to know there is similar out there. I’m going to use up my products from The Ordinary but I won’t be giving them any more money.

OP posts:
YouWereRight · 31/08/2018 18:59

I ended up unfollowing on Instagram. Mostly because I found using insta stories to get followers to call the police for him and then asking the followers to give abuse to commenters for pointing out why this is ridiculous, just vile.

Is it still going on?

ColintheCrow · 31/08/2018 19:08

Once you add up their recommended beauty regime... It's no different to buying creams and acids with all sorted. Plus you're not supporting a raving lunatic.

HavingALittleBabyToolshed · 31/08/2018 19:58

Mostly because I found using insta stories to get followers to call the police for him and then asking the followers to give abuse to commenters for pointing out why this is ridiculous, just vile.

Shock
I hadn’t seen that! Crikey.

OP posts:
pontiouspilates · 31/08/2018 20:01

I am a huge fan of Deciem and The Ordinary products, but Brandon really seems to be out of control. The Instagram account is like watching a slo-mo car crash.

YouWereRight · 31/08/2018 20:14

It was around April/May I think. He thought a taxi driver was trying to kidnap him or his friend. Then calling the airport staff racists. Asked followers to call the police, but didn't say where he was. Just utterly bizarre.

HavingALittleBabyToolshed · 31/08/2018 20:56

I never seen anything like it!
It’s a real shame because he seems to have a head for great ideas and creating useful productsz

OP posts:
Shakti · 01/09/2018 11:58

Products are good, and I have learned a lot about skin care from Deciem but I just don’t want to give them my money any more. Garden of Wisdom from Victoria Health are good to replace The Ordinary, does any one have any ideas for replacing NIOD products?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.