My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Suggest a hairstyle for me please (with pic)

30 replies

Needahairbrush · 25/08/2018 13:47

Here’s my hair, freshly washed, no product and roughly blow dried. Colour is box dyed but close to my natural colour. It’s not particularly smooth and has a bit of a wave - not enough to be curly though.
I tend to swing from chin length bob, grow it to this, and then get bored and get it chopped. I don’t really like a fringe on me, although I’ve had a light side fringe in the past.
My hair is normal ish i.e I wash it every 2-3 days and the roots get greasy at 3 days.
I work in an office and need to be quite smart.
Please suggest how I might improve my style as it gets a bit shapeless at this stage and I’m getting fed up with it!

OP posts:
AjasLipstick · 25/08/2018 14:38

This.

Truckingonandon · 25/08/2018 14:43

Dark, glossy, wavy hair is the jackpot!! Grow it longer and focus on its condition. Then get a barrel curler jobby and put nice loose waves through it a couple of times a week and shedloads of dry shampoo and you're good to go.

Needahairbrush · 25/08/2018 15:00

Thanks both, very nice if you to say trucking! Feels like it’s just hanging around my ears / face at the moment though!!

OP posts:
AjasLipstick · 25/08/2018 15:04

I definitely wouldn't grow it longer. It's quite fine looking OP and the top is very flat. More length will drag it down and barrel curlers aren't always something we feel like tackling....not on a day-to-day basis.

Needahairbrush · 25/08/2018 15:07

Yes it’s fine, but there’s a lot of it (if that isn’t a contradiction).
Medication for an auto immune disease has made it thinner and prone ti falling out , but it does regrow.

OP posts:
AjasLipstick · 25/08/2018 15:11

I think you'd benefit from layers and a fringe to add some thickness and shape OP.

ivykaty44 · 25/08/2018 15:14

I would avoid a bob with your face shape tbh and add fringe but you state you don’t like fringes

Photo is for fine hair and fuller face

Sugarpiehoneyeye · 25/08/2018 15:44

@AjasLipstick, that is a great hairstyle, and I agree, would look good on the OP.

Needahairbrush · 25/08/2018 18:33

I’d be a bit scared the top pic may go mullety or like a ‘rachel’ cut on me? Do you think that’s a risk?

OP posts:
rhubarbfool · 25/08/2018 20:34

I think Ajas' hairstyle is high risk of looking a bit Joan Jett. I would go for something like this. Definitely don't go longer, and don't overlayer it.

KellyMarieTunstall2 · 25/08/2018 21:07

I would keep the length and have a long fringe that could be swooshed to the side.

Dustbunny1900 · 25/08/2018 22:19

You need some layers to give it fullness in top, and yeah fringe. It needs lift at the scalp. Play around with different parts (like hair flipped around to different sides)

AjasLipstick · 25/08/2018 23:40

I think my suggestion will only look mullety on a thick haired person. The cut's ideal for fine hair....adding thickness where you need.

Needahairbrush · 25/08/2018 23:57

Here’s a side shot, it’s not that thin, but it’s wispy around the front ends (meds have taken their toll).
Does this help or change any advice?

OP posts:
AjasLipstick · 26/08/2018 06:55

It looks quite fine to me OP. Not in a bad way....it's just that you can see it's weighed down. Perhaps the ends are damaged?

tootstastic · 26/08/2018 07:28

I think the Helena Christensen pic @rhubarbfool posted would suit you best op. You have quite a high hairline and need a fringe to frame your face better, but one that can be swept to the side so that it's not too heavy for your face. Good luck!

Needahairbrush · 26/08/2018 11:36

Thanks all, it’s given me lots of food for thought. I think a light fringe maybe the way to go, along with less length. I like this style

OP posts:
tootstastic · 26/08/2018 15:46

Yes that would suit you op, lovely!

Needahairbrush · 29/08/2018 18:54

I’ve gone for the chop. It’s not tousled (but could be) and has a small side fringe. It feels a lot better with the ends gone.

OP posts:
rhubarbfool · 29/08/2018 19:00

Can we have a picture please?!

Needahairbrush · 29/08/2018 19:26

Here you go... please be kind 😁I realised my hair is thin and I have a large forehead from this thread 🙈
I’m really pleased with it, it’s much less straggly.

OP posts:
highlandcoo · 29/08/2018 19:35

That looks lovely OP!

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Thebluedog · 29/08/2018 19:40

That looks fab! Flowers

Needahairbrush · 29/08/2018 19:51

Thanks, I’m going to try and do the loose waves this weekend.

OP posts:
Sugarpiehoneyeye · 29/08/2018 20:15

That looks really nice !

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.