My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Tights

11 replies

Maryannesingleton · 21/08/2018 14:08

Need to go to a formal meeting on Friday and I always wear jeans usually.

Have a couple of navy/purple knit dresses that I could wear and have black flats/heels that would be ok. I just have no idea about tights, because it’s august I can’t really wear opaques. What tights can I get? I have never worn nude ones and don’t know if black/nearly black look frumpy.

And how to stop them from rolling down? I’m Apple shaped and really scared of tights as they always seem to roll down at the wrong moment.

It’s only one day but it would be great to look grown up and businesslike. I’m contemplating black jeans otherwise.

OP posts:
LtGreggs · 21/08/2018 14:16

Nearly black (say 10 or 15 denier) would look fine with black shoes & navy dress.

Nude or bare legs ok if dress at least knee length. Otherwise you'll feel a bit uncovered (IMO)

Why would they roll down? Because they are tight on waist?? If so, buy a size up.

Polish shoes, take black handbag?

LtGreggs · 21/08/2018 14:17

Also - there are people in my office wearing opaques. But I am in Scotland!

MargoLovebutter · 21/08/2018 14:19

I'd go for nudes at this time of year. John Lewis tights, which you can buy in Waitrose are the BEST tights I have ever bought. I can't believe I spent 30+ years messing around with M&S, Primark, Boots etc and have only discovered JL tights in the last year.

Maryannesingleton · 21/08/2018 17:21

Thanks, i’ll pop into Waitrose. Too small could well have been the problem, if I can stop the roll I might feel ok

OP posts:
lynmilne65 · 21/08/2018 17:33

Put knickers over tights

Maryannesingleton · 21/08/2018 17:49

Not done that since primary school. It could work..

OP posts:
Kate010377 · 23/08/2018 11:54

Did you decide on tights in the end?

Maryannesingleton · 23/08/2018 12:02

I have the John Lewis ones in the biggest size, i’ll give it a go

OP posts:
nocutsnobuttsnococonuts · 23/08/2018 12:37

To stop them rolling down I wear knickers over the top! My problem is I need larger size as I've got long legs, larger thighs/bum but a small waist!

Maryannesingleton · 23/08/2018 13:34

At the moment I have no waist and no hips - attractive I know. When they start to roll down there is nothing to stop them. The last time I wore tights was for a job interview years ago and by the time I walked into the room I had to hold on to my tights as they had rolled down so far. I vowed never to wear them again

OP posts:
Kate010377 · 24/08/2018 20:15

How did you get on?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.