My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Trousers for big hips

8 replies

Screenburn · 20/08/2018 17:13

Having shopped for trousers for nigh on 20 years and never having found a pair that suits and is comfy for my, erm, unique shape, I had almost given up and resigned myself to wearing dresses and one (very old and holey) pair of Levi 501s...

...that is, until the brainwave came to me that the collective power of mumsnet may be able to help. I am tall (over 5’9), (comparatively) small waist, HUGE hips but not much of an arse (it’s really flat but long). Wear a 12 on top, 14 on bottom, though have gained a few lbs so my Topshop 14s are not as roomy as they once were. Blush

What brands should I buy?! Happy to buy mid-range but can’t really stretch to designer (unless on sale). One place that is struck off my list has to be Gap - everything there seems to be slim-fit on the hips and I can’t even pull them up. I’m in the UK by the way.

Help appreciated!

OP posts:
Peanutbuttercups21 · 20/08/2018 17:21

I am wide hipped and tall and have had success, oddly, at DP

Lots of their jeans are cut for wide hips, IMO (I am6ft with 70cmwaist and 100cm hips Grin...), often do free delivery and returns

DailyMailcanfuckthefuckoff · 20/08/2018 17:24

I'm 5'10 and wear the same sizes. After years of searching and searching (and no luck at all with a pair of jeans that actually fits, can't help there), this year I got some Primark chinos and some H&M LOGG-brand chinos and they're very, very comfortable and fit well. I wear them all the time. I highly recommend the H&M LOGG ones in particular - I went down a size, and they fit my waist but are comfortably stretchy around the hip area.

DailyMailcanfuckthefuckoff · 20/08/2018 17:25

Forgot to say, I also have the long flat(ish) arse / small waist / bigger hips combo, and your description made me smile!

Screenburn · 20/08/2018 19:28

Ah thanks for the tips, you superstars! Will check all these out.

@Dailymail maybe we’re related Smile

OP posts:
3stonedown · 20/08/2018 20:05

I was going to say Dorothy Perkins. I got some trousers and considering I have wide hips they actually had a bit too much room

Namethecat · 20/08/2018 20:14

Has anyone had Phibrows ( like microblading ) ? I had my hair cut and coloured today and mentioned I had toyed with the idea of microblading for my pale, sparse,over plucked brows. They said there was a great place in town that did phibrows and they wouldn't recommend anywhere else due to the great results they'd seen. If you have did they take into consideration you not wanting to end up with massively thick brows ? ( I know they are very dark initially )

Namethecat · 20/08/2018 20:26

Oops sorry. Wrong thread !!

CaseStudyResearch · 20/08/2018 20:49

What's the gap between your waist and hips? I'm the same height & have an 11 inch gap & a similar flat bum - Warehouse are the best for that gap size and also Zara - but only the trousers that are clothes sizes and not S, M, L etc.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.