My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Microblading help...disaster or paranoid?

17 replies

Cakefairy1978 · 17/08/2018 15:19

So I'm not used to dark strong brows. These are a few hours old and is light brown. Agony still and felt like torture during. Please tell me it will get better. I was going to get my eyes laser done but think I'll just hide my enormous brows under my glasses.

OP posts:
RiojaHaze · 17/08/2018 15:29

They'll be loads lighter, don't worry. Mine were almost black when I had them done and now they're the exact shade I wanted. They're a great shape!

Cakefairy1978 · 17/08/2018 15:31

You think? I feel that I look angry

OP posts:
Emc3 · 17/08/2018 15:38

Yes they will definitely look less angry! Here is a comparison pic of mine from just after and then fully healed... sorry they are funny angles 😂

Cakefairy1978 · 17/08/2018 15:47

I feel that mine are too close to.each other but was assured it coz I'm not used to it. I apparently got numbing cream but it wasn't left on to take effect. Honestly felt like my fave was being sawn off

OP posts:
RiojaHaze · 17/08/2018 15:53

Yeah it does really hurt. If you go back for a top up, get some numbing cream from Boots and put a huge load of it on about 30-45 minutes beforehand.

Emc3 · 17/08/2018 16:48

Cake I felt like mines were too close together too but I think the start (what was the teardrop in the 00s lol!) sparses out a bit once it's healed so it doesn't have that effect anymore. I do remember that omg what have I done but within a month or so I loved them. I wore fake tan and much darker eye makeup with plenty of mascara at the start as I felt it looked a bit better than just a pure white face with big black eyebrows- it made me feel like I looked better anyway 😂 I'm coming up 3 years and feeling like i'll get them touched up soon, saved a fortune in waxing as keeping the shape myself with tweezers is so easy now.

ChishandFips33 · 17/08/2018 16:53

I think they always look strong at first - are they a lot darker/filled in than you've been used to?

Apparently you put a pencil from the edge of the bottom of your nose, up to the corner of your eye to gauge where your brow should start

Cakefairy1978 · 17/08/2018 18:20

Yesmuch longer and darker than I'm used to. She didn't do the pencil near my nose thing

OP posts:
MiniCooperLover · 16/09/2018 15:35

How do they feel/look nowOP? Are you pleased with them?

Aspenfrost · 16/09/2018 15:44

I think those brows always look fake. And just too much.

MiniCooperLover · 16/09/2018 18:14

I don't agree, but equally if something makes a person feel better does it matter? If you find a therapist who does good work that's great. Not everyone is lucky enough to be blessed with strong healthy brows and I feel so much better with healthy brows. I'm not talking scouse HD brows of yesteryears but just healthy.

MiniCooperLover · 16/09/2018 18:17

This is a lady I'm looking at maybe using and her work looks good (to kbe anyway) 👍

MiniCooperLover · 16/09/2018 18:18

(To me anyway) that should say

EdWinchester · 16/09/2018 18:50

My colleague had hers done 2 weeks ago.

They looked alarming at first, but have faded somewhat and look OK. You have to accept that they will look quite drawn on.

Unobtainable · 16/09/2018 19:03

I think theyre too close together. They dont line up vertically with your tear ducts. Did she use the calipers or a pladtic guide or did she draw the outline free-hand?

Maybe when you go back for the top up, ask her not to re-do the inner corners.

I prefer a more natural hair-line look but they look good for Filled-in brows and the colour is great on you.

Lagoonablue · 07/07/2019 00:30

Resurrecting this. Did your brows settle down? Are you happy with them now?

WanderingTrolley1 · 07/07/2019 00:46

They aren’t very well matched.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.