My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

My very fine and thinning hair solution

8 replies

Eve · 13/08/2018 09:32

After a good few years of my very fine hair looking more and more thin, flat and visible scalp on top and trying all sorts, I have come to a working solution.

Its helping me , so might help others.

Got this by chance in TK Max - they had big bottles in one day : www.amazon.co.uk/Fitzrovia-Centre-Thickening-Paraben-Free-Salon-tested/dp/B073CZ6PYS/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?keywords=fitzrovia&ie=UTF8&qid=1534148864&sr=8-1&tag=mumsnet&ascsubtag=mnforum-21

and following a mumsnet recommendation I ditched the john freida serum and am now using Elnett Crème de Mousse volume for curly hair.

I wouldn't say my hair is massively thicker but the overall appearance is much thicker and much less visible scalp.

OP posts:
princesstiasmum · 13/08/2018 10:20

i HAVE SEEN MIXED REVIEWS, BUT DOES IT JUST MALKE HAIR LOOK THICKER OR ACTUALLY REVERSE HAIR LOSS
Sorry caps on

pearlkent · 13/08/2018 10:36

Sounds interesting. The blurb says the special ingredient is 90 x more effective than minoxidil, which is a bold claim! Minoxidil has lots of testing and research behind it, and is recommended by lots of professionals. Never heard of their special ingredient, but if it works then that's good news.

Eve · 13/08/2018 13:57

I haven't noticed a massive difference in hair loss, but definitely thicker and the mousse is helping with volume as well as opposed to the serum.

I had the massive big bottles from TK Max , I used to use Nioxin but they had these instead, so its only now as I have finished them that it occurred to me hair looks thicker and scalp is not as visible as it used to be.

OP posts:
smashyourglasses · 13/08/2018 14:03

Just get a topper. They're realistic enough. There's no real cure for most hair loss, i don't mean women who've thinned out a bit cos of pregnancy etc, i mean women who've been losing hair for a long time. At least with a topper you're not flushing money away on snake oil and wasting time trying to make everything look presentable.

Enervator · 13/08/2018 16:02

What's a topper? I've never heard of those.

smashyourglasses · 13/08/2018 16:15

Enervator search instagram for 'easipart'.

sulee · 13/08/2018 17:41

I tried the Fitzrovia conditioner, also from TK Maxx and have just chucked it out having tried it a few times. Made no difference to my thinning hair I’m afraid.

Eve · 13/08/2018 18:06

should've have given it to me Sulee ! as i said for me its a combination of the mousse and the shampoo/conditioner but has taken using all of a big bottle over a good few months to notice.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.