My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

WWW's six week 10year younger boot camp, Feb to April, WEEK THREE (slightly delayed)

90 replies

WideWebWitch · 05/03/2007 19:46

Hello everyone, sorry, I forgot to start the thread this morning/last night, anyway, I'm here, who else is still in? Come on, where are you all? Or AM I ALONE? Hmm? Hmm?

Yes yes batters, you can have a badge, just remember, we're not older or wise or sexier...

Right well, terrible but very pleasurable weekend I must say, roast beef, roast potatoes, parsnips, peas, carrots, broccoli, cookies and cream ice cream, an early night with dh though and only one glass of red wine with dinner. And no exercise. But today:

Granola
meeting with LOADS of pastries and I didn't touch them
went out for lunch and had a Greek salad (again) and got bored so didn't finish it
a few dried cranberries I found in my drawer at work, vile
an apple
a packet of wotsits (went to Tesco and was STARVING, still haven't eaten supper although it's imminent)
Didn't walk or use sunscreen
but feeling very happy and someone at work told me I'd lost weight today so that's nice (and makes a bloody change)
Having mussels
and cod with green beans and proscuitto and garlic and lemon for supper
will have an early night, I'm knackered
may drink some wine but won't have much, long day at work tomorrow
although I need to get good again about not drinking in the week, I'm doing about a B- on this and I was A++

Reports please everyone! I have noticed some good things:

I'm quite antsy if I DON'T do my lunchtime walk so I reckon it's a habit and
I automatically DON'T pick/buy chocolate/crisps/accept cakes if I'm offered them so I think I've changed my mindset a bit about food
My skin is still quite good

So it's all good. If no-one joins me I will witter on to myself here all week

OP posts:
batters · 09/03/2007 09:25

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lilibet · 09/03/2007 09:54

I forgot to add tht I went to an excercise class last night and I am incredibly unfit

But if being thin is a mindset how does that explain the ones of us that were a natural 8 and are now a very unnatural 14?

Cam, where are you going?

CAM · 09/03/2007 10:54

I'm going on a bit of a tour of Normandy and Brittany, been lots of times but am going to a couple of new places. Not only have I booked the ferry and hotels but some restaurants as well already, including a 2 michelin starred one

So basically I'm intending to eat my way around Normandy and Brittany for 10 days

CAM · 09/03/2007 10:56

sorry mean to add where are you going lilibet?

lilibet · 09/03/2007 13:07

Normandy and Brittany !!

Never been to Normandy before, we are only there for 3 days as a break on the drive to Brittany, then we are staying near Carnac.

Moules et Frite here I come!!

Probabaly won't get that at your Michelin starred joint tho!

CAM · 09/03/2007 14:47

I'm going to stay not far from Carnac as well!!

Normandy is nice, great food, can you spot a theme in my posts?

Are you going on the ferry?

lilibet · 09/03/2007 14:57

No, we go on the tunnel

Weird coincidences!!

Have you been to Auray? I love sitting outside one of the cafes in the harbour with nice food and a lovely bottle of wine.

My holidays are planned around what I am eating and where, if I wasn't so food (and drink) obsessed, I wouldn't have to be on this thread

CAM · 09/03/2007 15:23

No I don't think I have been to Auray before.

Is on the Western coast of Brittany?

Even though I live much nearer the Dover/Folkestone end of the coast,we like to take the ferry from Portsmouth as it gets you so much further west when going to that part of France.

WideWebWitch · 10/03/2007 08:10

Yesterday

Granola
apple
half a red pepper, 100g of hummus
a few walnuts, pine nuts and brazils
100g smoked salmon
another apple
walked half an hour at lunchtime, with sunscreen
and then I felt ill at work so had to come home, where I got rid of most of it. (sorry, tmi!) no idea what made me ill but think maybe the salmon. Anyway;

In the evening dh made lovely garlic and rosemary flatbread and we had PE pizzas and Chianti so not good but high on happiness quotient: I had one of those blissful 'this is it, this is pure happiness' moments as the four of us curled up on the sofa with homemade garlic bread and an episode of Primeval (childrens sci fi, a bit dr Who ish, I distracted dd at the scary bits), I'd had a bath with the children, we were all warm and cosy and it was just lovely.

I really am very very happy with my life at the moment, it's all fantastic.

OP posts:
WideWebWitch · 10/03/2007 08:19

Well done on the not drinking lilibet, I am DETERMINED to get back to A+ on this next week, so will drink tonight but not Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs.

Batters, well done on the moderate night out!

Yoyo, sympathy on the early mornings, they are horrible, dd didn't sleep until she was 1.5, it was HELL.

swedishmum, is snakes on a plane any good? sorry you're feeling put upon. A walk on the beach sounds lovely, I'd love that, I particularly like walking on a beach in the rain, wonderful.

lilibet, I think you might have a point about reactions to stress, I eat and drink too much if I'm stressed and I have had a stressful couple of years all in all. I am determined that 2007 is the year I kick this weight/looking better thing.

OP posts:
batters · 10/03/2007 09:46

yoyo · 10/03/2007 09:57

Yesterday was okay. A few cubes of chocolate and two glasses of wine but fell asleep at ten so that was good. I did walk miles yesterday too.

DS is definitely setting an early-waking pattern which I can cope with if he doesn't get me up at night. He is 4 and has always been appalling (as were my DDs). I may try and go with it and get up earlier myself rather than fight it and just be miserable. If I go to bed earlier it should be okay. I am trying to be positive and optimistic here!

Going to get some new shoes today which will make me feel happy. Am also going to the gym as soon as DH gets in.

CAM · 10/03/2007 10:53

Good morning everyone, this is my favouritest thread ever on the whole of mumsnet

Well my lurgy developed further yesterday in the sense it that it ended up "on my chest" having begun in my throat and passed through the larynx. I finally went to the Dr yesterday afternoon and got some antibiotics (which I hate) but I had developed a v. bad cough

Can you tell I'm not a very good patient

Dd has gone to a school thing at a local Arts Festival where she has been entered into 2 categories: individual reciting of a poem (learned off by heart) and individual prose reading (a passage from a book but practised).

Can everyone think good luck thoughts to her.

I normally got to all these things but I can't sit there coughing, there has to be total silence from the spectators, but dh is there

Oh, food, yes, being v. controlled and no alcohol (really don't even feel like drinking with this thing). No exercise though. Gallons of water.

batters · 10/03/2007 14:43

WideWebWitch · 10/03/2007 15:18

Good luck to your dd Cam. Batters, that just really made me laugh, that they spent 10 minutes washing you wash up! Yoyo, you've got to do whatever it takes to get through it I guess.

Today
1 piece of dh's bread, he'd put the breadmaker on last night so I came down this morning to fresh baked bread, gorgeous
another piece, slathered with butter and dipped into a soft boiled egg
and we went to a market this morning with a deli stall so lunch was
a bit of cous cous
a green chilli stuffed with cream cheese
a red pepper stuffed with cream cheese
some butter beans
sun dried tomatoes
rosemary cracker with mackeral and horseradish terrine
2 slices of chorizo
dolmades
it was delicious and I don't reckon that bad in fattening terms
and walked 2.5 miles, with sunscreen, with ds
children are happily watching tv atm and I am here but about to dive into a pile of magazines (Liz Hurley's wedding dress isn't very nice I don't think) adn then dd and I will make fairy cakes

OP posts:
Iota · 10/03/2007 15:32

yesterday was a good day for me - went to the gym and did a class, ate well until dh came home, tired and full of cold. We had big steaks, piedmont peppers and wine for dinner

Today have not done much at all - we're all chilling out and dh is watching the rugby.

CAM · 10/03/2007 16:39

Thanks for the good luck wishes for dd, she was awarded a Merit for the Verse Recitation and a Commended (even higher marks!) for her Book Extract Reading

Now we just have to practise her singing and violin for her music exams on Monday - no wonder I'm exhausted and have lurgy.

That's before going to watch her swim against another prep on Monday evening - the girl never stops. Thank goodness we only have 2 weeks left at school till the Easter hols.

swedishmum · 10/03/2007 22:52

Well done to your dd, CAM, and best of luck for the music exams on Monday. My dds are doing dancing exams tomorrow, inc dd3 who is just 3! Can't take it seriously. Very different from music exams - much less stress and less hard work.

WideWebWitch · 11/03/2007 08:18

Ah, well done to your dd Cam. I had half a portion of Singapore noodles, 1 and a half veg spring rolls, some prawn crackers and wine for supper. It was delish. So back on being healthy today, no wine and we are going to a market thing this morning so may buy some lovely food for lunch. And I need an early night tonight as my compressed hours start tomorrow so I leave the house at 7.30am, which means getting up at 6.15 really.

OP posts:
jeangenie · 11/03/2007 08:26

hi all, have been crap this last week. will look out for the new thread and hope to do better
you all sound like you are doing great

jeangenie · 11/03/2007 08:27

oh WWW, good luck with the compressed hours - I do this and it is hard (especially not seeing the kids before leaving for work in the morning, tho' these light mornings they are up earlier so sometimes I do) but so worth it when you have that extra time off

sunnywong · 11/03/2007 08:29

Hic

ola Amigas

just had friends round for afternoon of sunshine and Spanish style tappas, not too bad apart from the dessert: zucchoto with sponge cake brushed with brandy and a filling of cherries, candied fruit, hazelnuts , whipped cream and chocolate. And LOTS of booze

but it did make me feel happy as the Frangrant Boys have turned a corner and at nearly 6 and 3.5 they can be unsuperv ised and play with boys of a similar age for hours while we sat in the garden without poking daggers in each others' ears so that did make me feel a LOT younger

Am vair vair drunk though adn have the washing up to do and NO DISHWASHER

Cheers

WideWebWitch · 11/03/2007 08:31

ha ha at SW being vair drunk, can we look forward to inappropriate posts all over the place which you then have to get deleted in the cold light of day? Food sounds lovely and marvellous that your boys can be safely ignored for a while, I am pleased mine are at that age too

OP posts:
sunnywong · 11/03/2007 08:35

I'M SOAKING UP THE LAST F THE MUSSELS ROMANESCO WITH THE HOMEoopes made bread while dh installs the FBs on playstatoion so we can go to the bottom of the garden for a chuff

Any recommedations of threads on which I can post appropriate comments? I 'm well up for it

WideWebWitch · 11/03/2007 08:39

Modom, may I recommend the working parents thread?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.