My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

What is the best ever make up / skin care advice you have been given?

7 replies

Guinnessisgoodforyou · 27/04/2012 08:21

So far mine are: - Sudocreme as a primer and the using a brush to apply foundation.

OP posts:
AGunInMyPetticoat · 27/04/2012 08:26

That foundation oxidises and that you can't tell what it is actually going to look like until you have worn it for some 30 minutes and seen it in natural light.

This one insight has saved me hundreds of pounds - and the embarrassment of looking like a tangerine.

doormat · 27/04/2012 08:28

never wash face using soap/ shower gel etc... i always wash it with warm water, cleanse it with aqueous cream then rinse off again...

Kellamity · 27/04/2012 08:30

sudocrem - really? I'd never had thought of that!

doormat · 27/04/2012 08:34

kellamity sudocrem is great stuff, i use it to tone down any redness if i get it after sunshower,, amazing for after shaving in ladygarden area too Grin

Eliza22 · 27/04/2012 09:50

Sudocrem??? Love the smell of it but.... As primer? Doesn't it make your face all shiny?

Best beauty tip.....sounds feeble but, smile. Not in an inane-crazy-looney-person kind of way but more in a calm, serene way. Even when you feel knackered and cross. Because your face really does grow into frown lines and stress.

And don't forget factor 50 daily sunscreen on your face and neck! That helps too.

GeriatricBabyMama · 27/04/2012 09:59

Make sure your undereye concealer isn't too pale.

Never overpluck your eyebrows. Always make sure your eyebrows are groomed, ie filled in and no stray hairs.

If you're wearing 'warm' eyeshadow, put a tiny bit of a cooler shade right in the centre of your eyelid (or vice versa). Sounds bizarre but it really makes your eyes stand out.

Wear lipliner in the same shade your lips are naturally. Makes your lips look fuller but not overdone.

MagnifyingGlassSearch · 27/04/2012 10:06

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.