My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

BB cream recommendations

14 replies

wasabipeanut · 17/04/2012 21:01

My normal moisturiser and tinted moisturiser are about to run out and apparently BB creams are where it's at now!

Oh stylish Mners - what are the best ones? I usually like Bobbi Brown, Liz Earle and Dr Haushka.

OP posts:
ElizaDoMore · 18/04/2012 09:11

My Mum swears by the Garnier one. I like Boots 17 and No7. I've heard the Sanctuary one is good and there are some favourable reviews of Maybelline Dream Fresh on the blogs. Hope this helps.

EllieorOllie · 18/04/2012 12:46

Love my No 7 one. The Maybelline also seemed pretty nice when I tried it on my hand yesterday. Not such a fan of the Garnier one, made me look orange and shiny.

Though if you like Liz Earle you might want to look at the skin tint, it's a tinted moisturiser I think.

notyummy · 18/04/2012 13:21

See, the Garnier one works well for me - may depend which shade you get though?

FauxFox · 18/04/2012 13:37

I've got L'oreal Nude Magique which is white with magical microbeads that match the colour to your skintone...sounds mad but 'tis very good actually!

DontCallMeMummyPig · 18/04/2012 13:39

Another vote here for the Garnier. I use the light one and I'm quite pale, but it doesn't look orange at all on me. Stays put all day and really creamy lovely texture with good coverage. Smile

Ryoko · 18/04/2012 14:17

I've only used the Garnier one and I like it, works fine for me.

LilRedWG · 18/04/2012 14:19

I like to No 7 one. Even the lighter Garnier one made me orange and shiny.

Littlepumpkinpie · 18/04/2012 14:50

L'oreal Magique get the thumbs up here they sent me a tester prefer the colour one to the Nude went to boots today and brought it with their primer for £14. Tried No7 one and don't rate that one on me found it rubbish wasted money

Chicinwellies · 18/04/2012 15:59

L'oreal by a MILE. Ive tried so many, and although when you apply this the texture is weird, I have had So many comments and this is the only thing Ive changed. The Liz Earl Skin Tint feels amazing going on, but results not quite up to L'oreal. Def get some, you wont be disappointed.

LexieSinclair · 18/04/2012 16:06

Please excuse my ignorance but I am intrigued. What exactly is BB cream? Do you use it instead of a foundation? What is the coverage like?

Bunbaker · 18/04/2012 16:11

I want to know as well. I have seen a few threads on here about it but haven't got a clue what it is.

wasabipeanut · 18/04/2012 16:27

Oooh thanks ladies. Will try Garnier first possibly and see how I get on.

Bunbaker & Lexie - BB is blemish balm cream. It gives more coverage than tinted moisturiser but not as heavy as foundation? Allows you to skip day moisturiser as well I believe.

OP posts:
Bunbaker · 18/04/2012 16:29

Thanks. I will give it a miss then as I find tinted moisturiser gives me plenty of coverage.

LexieSinclair · 18/04/2012 17:02

Ah thank you. I will have to give it a miss too as I need full foundation.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.