My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Knees like leather

6 replies

LittleEsmeWeatherwax · 28/03/2012 06:55

I have two large patches of dry skin on each knee, from the years of kneeling to hel my DC with things. I would love to fake tan but I end up with brown patches on the dry areas.

Help!

Can I take a nail file and slough it off??

OP posts:
savoycabbage · 28/03/2012 07:02

I would Vaseline them morning noon and night.

Northey · 28/03/2012 07:06

I have previously used a foot file (the sort with the black emery board style rubbing surface, rather than the metal sort). It sort of helped.

LittleEsmeWeatherwax · 28/03/2012 09:40

Thanks!

Off to look for DH's toolbox...

Grin

OP posts:
Whitershadeofpale · 28/03/2012 11:29

Ohh I have this too, I've been using my clairsonic on them and 8 hour cream which has helped a bit. They still look dirty though, like I've had a bruise that is fading.

MagsAloof · 28/03/2012 11:36

Flexitol them at night, moisturise with normal lotion after shower in morning.

Also, when I am fake tanning arms and legs I avoid knees and elbows until the very end, then just kind of rub the excess tan off my hands on to them, rather than coating them properly. They tend to be dry areas on everyone, so soak up the tan more than other areas, so really, you only want a tiny bit on there.

LadyWord · 28/03/2012 13:24

I got rid of mine last year using sugar scrub stuff on them (cheap boots own one) every time I had a bath, plus lots of palmers cocoa butter. They've come back over the winter but I'm going to blitz them again.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.