My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Hold Ups that Stay Up?

7 replies

TooEasilyTempted · 27/03/2012 11:21

I work in an office, hosiery is part of the dress code, bare legs are absolutely not allowed. I just can't wear tights, I had persistent UTI's last year and none since I stopped wearing tights so now prefer hold ups. Spring is here and I want to start wearing some of my nice dresses and skirts but need to find some good nude/natural colour hold ups that actually stay up. Bought a pair from Asda to give them a try and I've just had to go to the loo and safety pin one of them, there's no elasticity in it at all and it was about to fall down. Blush Grin

I don't mind paying out a bit more if they're actually going to stay put all day. So any recommendations?

OP posts:
OldLadyKnowsNothing · 27/03/2012 14:04

Marks and Spencers holdups are good, they're sticky without strangulation, and if you put a hole in them they don't run. They also come in different sizes for people of different heights, which is helpful for me, as a shortarse.

BelleDameSansMerci · 27/03/2012 14:19

M&S get vote from me too.

BloooCowWonders · 27/03/2012 14:45

I've always had success with Boots own brand. But it might be an idea to get a larger size than they recommend as the packages always say put them mid-thigh, but I want to wear mine higher!

WineGoggles · 27/03/2012 15:27

OP, have you tried this:
www.staysput.co.uk/gb/products/body_adhesive.htm
I bought a roll from a lingerie shop and it does work when hold-ups let you down. Also, do you make sure that your legs don?t have oil/moisturiser or talc on them before you put your hold-ups on? And do you make sure not to use fabric conditioner when you wash them?

Eggrules · 27/03/2012 15:29

I recommend M&S too.

CointreauVersial · 27/03/2012 18:25

I like M&S ones, or any that have a nice wide band at the top. If they slip during the day, I just dampen the sticky strip ever so slightly, and that seems to rejuvenate the sticking-power.

TooEasilyTempted · 28/03/2012 13:10

Thanks everyone. Looks like M&S it is then! And thanks for the link to the Stay Put stuff, definitely worth carrying some of that around with me.

Steer clear of the Asda hold ups is my advice!! I've binned them without even wearing the second pair, they didn't even last the day.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.