My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Fake tan trauma

2 replies

fabwoman · 19/03/2012 14:00

I have tried St Tropez, Dove and one other I can't recall. Either they have no effect on my skin or I look leathery. Maybe that is just the shock of colour though as I never ever tan in the sun. I have awful unshapely legs and long to feel better if I wear a knee length skirt/dress in the summer. Please can anyone recommend something that will actually give me some colour this summer. Thank you very much in advance.

OP posts:
Bangtastic · 19/03/2012 14:09

I have tried pretty much every tanning product under the sun, hate the colour and smell of them all. I am naturally really pale and don't tan easily at all, so most fake tans look just like that - fake, orangey, streaky, almost dirty looking!

My SIL told me about Palmers Cocoa Butter Natural Bronze and it is bloody fabulous! Actually makes me look brown and not a dodgy shade of wotsit, is even all over, and has some serious staying put power. 2 applications a week to keep a nice shade is all you will need (assuming you shower daily!) and it isn't a faff because it's just like you're moisturising. For a 'gradual tanning' moisturiser, it is quite strong so don't pile it on if you do decide to try it :)

fabwoman · 19/03/2012 14:29

Sounds great! I love cocoa butter. Does it actually smell of it?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.