My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

puffy, red, irritated eyelids

2 replies

sarajones2 · 12/03/2012 14:14

I seem to get alot of redness around my eyes, especially the right eye. It is worse after wearing eye makeup but still happens without, just not so bad. My right eye is sore and very swollen especially on the eyelid in the very corner. Could i have some kind of allergy? Just after I use the Bodyshop eye makeup remover, the rim of my eyes turn red. Could it be too strong a solution?

Does anyone have any ideas for dealing with sensitive eyes, i look as though i have been crying for hours. Not an attractive look. Today i had no choice but to go out without any makeup.

OP posts:
QuietOhSoQuiet · 12/03/2012 14:31

I have sensitive eyes and recently thought I would save some money on a cheapy eye makeup remover, big mistake I have now got flaky,sore,red eyes especially on the inside edge of my eyelid.

I will now go back to buying my boots no7 eyemakeup remover with which I have never ever had a problem with,it's so gentle.Try a gentler solution.

thepureemporia · 14/03/2012 11:05

Use an oil based eye makeup remover rather than an alcohol based one. The alcohol can irritate your sensitive eye area. Also a natural one shouldn't contain any irritating ingredients (i say should because it will depend on the brand)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.