My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Calling all Winters, make up advice needed...

4 replies

AmberNectarine · 09/03/2012 08:56

Have recently been diagnose a Winter (a sultry one appaz) by HoC. All very lovely but the lip colours they suggest are a bit, ahem, dramatic, and I'd feel a bit of a tool turning up at monkey music with that kind of slap on. Can anyone recommend me some good lip colours which are a bit less high-intensity? Perhaps a gloss or stain?

Also would like to find a higher end version of the burgundy lipstick I bought from HoC.

In fact, any Winter make up recs greatly appreciated full stop. Cheers!

OP posts:
shelley72 · 09/03/2012 09:06

haha! i have the same problem so bumping for you.

DH laughed when i came out of my session with burgundy lipstick on - it may be a good 'winter' colour but i looked like a clown! am more of a neutral gloss type of girl and so need to think again.

teejwood · 09/03/2012 09:32

I have been having problems adjusting to my season (not winter unfortunately!) and came across some facebook sites in the US where people who take the whole colour thing VERY SERIOUSLY INDEED have swatched lots of makeup for different seasons. You might need to check how the categorisation they have used matches up with the HoC categories, though.

This link provides a few examples (click "view full note" to see the whole list for your season) but if you look at the comments and also down through older posts on the site there are other recommendations too. There might be something there that fits the bill?

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 09/03/2012 20:39

Benetint? Must admit I don't like it as a lipstain but the colour (like crushed berries) is gorgeous. The Body Shop do a nicer one in a similar colour.

I tend to go for pale skin, smokey eyes, Benetint on cheeks and a crushed berry tint on lips (Une lipbalm/stick crossbreed thingies are v nice).

AmberNectarine · 09/03/2012 21:39

Ah yes, I have benetint, will try that Remus, thanks!

shelley I have been blotting like mad and sticking a bit of gloss on top but I still feel like a Blackpool drag queen...

Thanks for link, teej, will check it out!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.