My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Avon catalogue. Anything worth buying?

20 replies

doglover · 05/03/2012 17:47

I've just had my first-ever Avon catalogue through the door and it looks interesting ...................... Any recommendations or must-have purchases? Many thanks.

OP posts:
DamnBamboo · 05/03/2012 18:01

Their nail polish is quite nice.
Last a long time and is reasonably priced.

doglover · 05/03/2012 18:10

Thanks, DB. Anyone else?

OP posts:
Msarsebiscuit · 05/03/2012 18:42

They have a new foundation out which is supposed to be really good, not tried it ( yet ). The eyeliners are fantastic - both the Supershock and the Glimmersticks, the Supershock is my favourite .

Wiggletastic · 05/03/2012 18:49

Supershock gel eyeliner is great, much softer than a kohl pencil and easier to put on but lasts really well.

TeriyakiWoo · 05/03/2012 19:40

3 words - Skin So Soft!

birdsofshoreandsea · 05/03/2012 19:42

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TeriyakiWoo · 05/03/2012 19:42

Posted too soon, oops. The body oil is great for after the shower, not at all greasy. Smells lovely and fresh too.

PippiL · 05/03/2012 19:53

I bought my first Avon product ever the other day

The magix skin perfector stuff. It's great, really pleased with it. Smooths out my skin and keeps my makeup on all day.

sedgieloo · 05/03/2012 20:30

what Wiggletastic said re supershock gel eyeliner, I rate it with the urban decay ones. Also their supershock mascara is also really good and does not transfer under they eye which is a problem for me. I will spare no expense when it come to mascara and so I'm surprised I like this avon one I think it is fantastic every day mascara. With their last catalogue it was both mascara and eyeliner for 5 pounds!

moonblushtomato · 05/03/2012 20:42

I second glimmersticks and magix.

Also love their moisturiser aimed at the 40+ age range....begins with an A, aghh! My 40+ memory is so rubbish!

I'm too tired to go upstairs and find outSmile but its very good and comes in a red glass jar.

doglover · 05/03/2012 21:02

Thanks, ladies. I'll look at these products tomorrow with a coffee.

OP posts:
TwoNoisyBoys · 05/03/2012 23:14

moonblushtomato its the "anew" range Smile I'm a recently new Avon rep, so I'm still learning but can second the recommendations on here from a customer point of view. Also like the Planet Spa range, and the new brow pencil with a brush at the other end is also very good.

moonblushtomato · 07/03/2012 22:18

Yes, Anew! I love it as it comes with an SPF25, very unusual with moisturisers.

normaleggy · 07/03/2012 23:00

I used the supershock mascara throughout horrendous hayfever then a nasty breakup with ex-h and it never smudged once!!

valiumredhead · 08/03/2012 08:59

Glimmersticks and gel eyeliners are fantastic!

101handbags · 08/03/2012 09:35

When I read your thread title I was immediately about to write nail polish, magix face perfector, skin so soft and glimmer sticks - everyone got there first! These are the things I order again and again. I also love the Planet Spa African Shea Butter hand cream, use it all the time. I think with Avon it's really hit and miss - some of it looks cheap and awful but some of it is fantastic and really good value for money.

valiumredhead · 08/03/2012 09:37

The mineral powder foundation is fab too if you can get a colour match for your skin.

Sparklegeek · 08/03/2012 11:21

YY to Magix skin perfector. Feels like velvet when you put it on. Also Skin So Soft airbrush fake tan spray - best fake tan ever - spray, get dressed immediately, no exfoliating required, no streaks. I go through gallons of the stuff in the summer!

My latest discovery is their Microdermabrasion kit, which I received as a freebie with an order a while ago. From the Anew Clinical range. I'm on week 4 of an 8 week course and it's FAB!

DonnaSunShine · 09/03/2012 10:39

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

TwoNoisyBoys · 09/03/2012 20:40

Ooooh, I might treat myself to that Sparklegeek.....see, this is why I never have any wages, just lots and lots of products Grin

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.