My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Garnier BB

27 replies

CreamolaFoamless · 01/03/2012 19:41

I've acquired and used a couple of the free samples and really like this product and am considering buying it however I have used samples before then been disappointed with the full size product.

Is anyone using this yet, and if so, how are you finding it? Would you recommend it?

TIA

OP posts:
Gasbluewithlavenderbeads · 01/03/2012 19:45

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JoyceDivision · 01/03/2012 19:46

Gasblue... what skin type do you have? How long did it last, all night or a few hours?

CreamolaFoamless · 01/03/2012 19:54

I found the light worked best with me to (pale skin/brunette)

I agree though, I thought the effect looked 'more expensive' too.

I think I'll take the plunge and buy it Smile (before it catches on and they inflate the price)

OP posts:
herbaceous · 01/03/2012 19:56

I bloody love it. I use the fair shade too, and think it gives an even better result than my uber-expensive Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser that I can't really afford. Result.

EllenParsons · 01/03/2012 19:58

I used the samples for a couple of days and then it broke my skin out :( I did like it before that happened though!

Gasbluewithlavenderbeads · 02/03/2012 18:25

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dingdong3 · 02/03/2012 18:50

I wasn't overly keen on it but having read this thread, I think it's because I bought the medium and it's a bit dark for me. However, I also think I looked a bit shiny with it on. It was on offer in Boots when I got it - used my points too so it was a freebie :)

mrsmartin · 02/03/2012 18:55

I think it is pretty good so far as a liquid goes...I've tried samples of most of the BB creams now and I definately think the garnier one is the best in terms of finish and blendability...I might consider it for summer...

JoyceDivision · 02/03/2012 20:22

Have bought some from superdrug £7.50! Fingers crossed I look gorgeous! Grin

mumatron · 02/03/2012 20:34

It made my skin look fab but it made my eyes stream with tears every time I wore it.

janmoomoo · 05/03/2012 17:41

I have bought this on the strength of MN recommendations, and it is fab. Much better than the Laura Mercier I have been using too. Good coverage, hides redness etc. I use the light one. But I have also found it makes my eyes water a little. Will try keeping it away from eye area and using touche eclat type thingy there. Overall I am really impressed.

CreamolaFoamless · 05/03/2012 17:51

how close to your eyes are you guys putting it , if you don't mind me asking

I thought it was face coverage only?

janmoomoo have you tried the asda touche eclat subsitute.......it's really good and lasts for ages

OP posts:
warmandwooly · 05/03/2012 19:07

Bought it but haven't used it too much-planning to. Interestingly enough I had someone from Clinique try their BB cream on me today and they applied it with a foundation brush so may try that. I tried to get a sample as part of the foundation match offer mentioned in this months Cosmo but was told that it was too new and they had no samples. Don't think the rep knew about the promo to be honest and I couldn't find the page in Cosmo. Don't know if its classed as a foundation strictly speaking even.

warmandwooly · 05/03/2012 19:12

oops forgot to say that the Clinique BB cream is apparently not available at every counter/store and only available at some flagship stores or whatever they are called.
Tbh I think that it wouldn't have hurt for some samples to be made available so that people could try it before splashing the cash.

piratecat · 05/03/2012 19:16

i have the darker one, but when i can justify it will get the lighter one, and maybe mix them together. my skin is sensitive/dry in places. i like it, but agree if i get it too close to my eyes say top of cheeks it makes my eyes smart too.

CreamolaFoamless · 05/03/2012 19:23

does that happen with other fondations cream too? or just this one?

I'm going off it slightly if people are saying it is hurting their eyes

OP posts:
warmandwooly · 05/03/2012 19:42

I think its part of a promotion at Boots at the moment

ruby22 · 05/03/2012 19:53

Tried it, really wanted to love it but it was a bit orange on me (got the Light). A mum at school did tell me my skin looked good, think could be just looked different due to orangeness tho. Shamed to say I returned it. But still looking, maybe will give it another try......

Kaloobear · 05/03/2012 20:03

I have very dry skin but this made me horribly shiny. The lighter shade was also totally orange on me-but I am usually the lightest shade in any foundation and lots of brands don't go light enough for me. Liz Earle sheer skin tint on the other hand is a bloody godsend.

ceebeegeebies · 05/03/2012 20:06

I use it and I love it (and have never had a problem with my eyes). A little goes a very long way so the tube lasts for ages so well worth the money.

I did switch to the new Boots no7 one (as I thought it might be better as it was a bit more pricey) but all that did was make my forehead look like an oil slick within an hour Hmm

PaigeTurner · 05/03/2012 20:12

I have used it for around a month now, it's perfect for me as I don't need a full face on every day. I have even noticed some improvement in my skin tone in general, but I did also give up smoking in December, so might be due to that.

It doesn't sting my eyes or face, btw.

mumatron · 05/03/2012 20:23

creamola i dont put it anywhere near my eyes but it still makes them sting. really is a shame as it made my skin look fab.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

KenDoddsDadsDog · 05/03/2012 20:25

I have used it pretty much since it came out. I love it.

Moln · 05/03/2012 20:31

i wanted to try this out but my local chemist have two samples out and neither was labelled with the shade AND had no mirrors, not one, in the shop so it was possible to see which coloour sutied

mind you I tried one (possibly light) and dh did look shocked whne i reappeared out of the shop

Chicinwellies · 05/03/2012 22:13

Just to add another dimension to it - I tried the samples and bought the fair And medium and by far the winner is ..... L'oreal bb cream, it really is fantastic, have had lots of lovely comments

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.