My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

QVC TSV Laura Gellar, anybody use her stuff?

8 replies

tutu100 · 29/02/2012 13:18

Today's tsv is Laura gellar and I was wondering about getting it as it looks pretty good value for what you get. Has anybody tried her stuff? In particular the spackle underbase as that's the thing I really want to try as it looks like just the thing I need.

OP posts:
QuietOhSoQuiet · 29/02/2012 13:30

will watch this one too as have just had an email about her stuff

valiumredhead · 29/02/2012 13:32

If you are after a primer then Barbara Daly is the way to go imo. I am never convinced by anything that is only available on QVC tbh.

tutu100 · 29/02/2012 14:07

valiumredhead is the Barbara Daly primer ok for dry skin? and do you think it really does make a difference to your face tone/ make-up longevity?

Thanks

OP posts:
valiumredhead · 29/02/2012 14:15

I have tried loads of primers and it really is fantastic. I have dry skin and make up tended to go patchy after a bit on me and the BD stuff really evens it out without any 'pilling' iykwim? It definitely makes make up last longer too. It's even nice just on its own as well. It's 3 for 2 atm as well!

tutu100 · 29/02/2012 15:24

Thank you, maybe I will give that a go instead (bit more budget friendly as well) do you use the foundations from Babara Daly aswell? If so is there one that you would reccomend, or any other products as I might as well take advantage of the 3 for 2.

OP posts:
yoyomummy · 29/02/2012 15:30

My MIL has the Laura Geller stuff and let me have a try. Was nice, went on easily and blended easily - foundation and other stuff like blusher / bronzed etc. Was all slightly shimmery - subtle though. I found the foundation a bit warm-toned for me but then I have very cool-toned skin.
Overall I would say it was pretty good but I prefer bare minerals matte as I don't like shimmer. HTH

valiumredhead · 29/02/2012 15:55

BD is my new discovery and so far I have been really impressed. Yesterday I bought a crystal nail file and nail varnishes which were great. Goodbye Yellow is a fantastic clear varnish which has a blue tinge to it which makes your nails look really fresh and pretty. Skin Lift is a great cream and the same as Bobbi Brown vitamin primer. I haven't used a foundation but have used the press powder and it's very good, I'd be surprised if the foundation was crap tbh as everything else is so good :)

renaldo · 29/02/2012 16:00

does any one have a QVC intorductory offer code?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.