My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

I want a spring/ summer jacket

5 replies

theseventhdwarf · 28/02/2012 08:50

Help ! I want a spring/ summer jacket/ coat.
Have one that s nice enough for colder days but want one that a trendy and nice
Not sure if I want a blazer ( was thinking navy?)
Or a coat? Any recommendations?
I wear jeans a lot - and also have my eye on a striped pencil skirt (nicer than it sounds- honest)

OP posts:
theseventhdwarf · 28/02/2012 14:59

Anyone? Am leaning towards navy/ or pastel relaxed blazer look

OP posts:
WannaBeWildCosMyLifesSoTame · 28/02/2012 15:03

I love blazers but don't really suit them so I have just bought the Boden Photographer Jacket (got it off Ebay so not so £££) and am really pleased with it - had lots of compliments when I wore it at the weekend, it's a really nice fit and ideal for smart/casual. Other alternative is a trenchcoat which goes with loads and always looks stylish - I have one from M&S (God I shop at exciting places don't I?!) which is very flattering because the tie belt makes my waist look tiny.

ObviouslyOblivious · 28/02/2012 15:56

I've just bought this from Phase Eight, got lots of compliments on the one occasion I've worn it so far.

MissWooWoo · 28/02/2012 16:25

me too! I need some help here though because I've a hefty arse and most summer jackets accentuate this because of their length ...

theseventhdwarf · 28/02/2012 19:56

I like that phase 8 jacket but it s a bit structured - I know, I m probably looking for the impossible - without looking too miami vice I think I d like a longish type one that comes to almost my hips not a shorter type one.

I don't know about Boden tbh - have one of their velvet ones from a couple of years ago but noted about it - not a lover of the way their stuff fits on me.

I can't link but there was some in Zara last season am in town tomorrow will have a look there

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.