My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Skibz / Dribble bibs

16 replies

Somersaults · 25/02/2012 19:17

Any clues about what brand are the best? My three month old DD is starting to dribble massively and soak through her clothes. I've heard of Skibz but what are other brands like and how do they compare? Advice, ideas and even links to good sites to buy from would be very welcome!

Thank you :)

OP posts:
Byeckerslike · 25/02/2012 19:23

Bibbles are much cheaper, and excellent, i have hundreds for my twins

Somersaults · 25/02/2012 19:30

Thanks!
OP posts:
Somersaults · 25/02/2012 19:34

to

OP posts:
easilydistracted · 25/02/2012 19:49

I have a very dribbly (sp?) 10-month old and bought him 1 Skibz, 1 Bipi Stuff, 1 My Little Patch and 1 Dribble On (for testing / comparisons sake :)

My favourite was the Bipi Stuff. Second favourite was Dribble On. Both soft and absorbent, nice shape, not too stiff. They were also the cheapest of the 4 that I bought!

Somersaults · 25/02/2012 20:30

Thank you! I think I need to do some testing of different brands - nice excuse for online shopping! I'll have a look at all those brands.

OP posts:
WantToMoveNorth · 25/02/2012 20:37

I have loads of bibbles, they are good value but don't wash so well and don't look very smart. I have bought quite a few from here as the fabrics are lovely as well as being functional

Somersaults · 25/02/2012 22:53

Are the ones from ditdots better than the bibbles then?

OP posts:
Byeckerslike · 26/02/2012 10:33

Ooh, mine have washed really well wanttomove? Strange as i take no care whatsoever over my washing! Grin

Somersaults · 26/02/2012 18:25

The dribbling got to an all time high today and as we were passing Mothercare anyway we dropped in and got a two set of towelling backed ones for now but when she naps tomorrow I'm going to have a good look online and buy some.

Anyone used Funky Giraffe?

OP posts:
easilydistracted · 27/02/2012 20:17

Meant to say I got mine at www.easynappies.co.uk/ some of the prices are pretty good and they delivered really quickly.

Somersaults · 28/02/2012 17:55

Right, the Mothercare little triangular bibs are crap but their towel backed ones are good. I've ordered a Bubba, a Babble, a DribbleOn and a HipHipBaby from easynappies, and I've also ordered a batch of Bibbles to get the discount and a batch of Funky Giraffe (who are the cheapest and were recommended by a friend). So far Bibbles and Funky Giraffe are the best value but it remains to be seen when they all arrive which will be the best at handling the drool!

OP posts:
ClaireArchie · 18/04/2012 16:46

I'd suggest having a look at Big Birds Boutique bigbirdsboutique.co.uk they have great bibs with great fabrics at cheap prices.

Ha, I sound like their pr!

surroundedbyblondes · 18/04/2012 16:58

We use mum 2 mum. DD2 is still v dribbly especially through the winter colds and snuffles

peachydo · 22/05/2012 10:11

when I had my son a year ago, I bought some dribble bibs in mothercare, which were fine, but then looking at them thought "I can make these" So I did, I now sell them along with lots of other things, www.facebook.com/#!/groups/216352025856/

Psychopsilocybin · 22/05/2012 10:16

I use Funky Giraffe, they are great! The best, in my opinion, are these for quality but are quite expensive. I've got 2, been using them for over a year and are still in good condition.

JeSuisMargaux · 23/05/2012 21:36

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.