My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

You know those days when you look in the mirror and go "damn, I look good"?

19 replies

OracleInaCoracle · 22/02/2012 09:35

How often do you have them? I dropped ds off at school, showered, got dressed, dried my hair properly and put on a bit of make up (which I never do)

I looked in the mirror and thought, "wow, I look great" I dont normally take much notice of my appearance and am very self-critical, but I am wearing new coloured jeans, a slouchy jumper and have had a fringe cut in and suddenly I look funky!

OP posts:
hatcam · 22/02/2012 09:45

Nope. Never.

schobe · 22/02/2012 09:46

I think I remember one in 2001

schobe · 22/02/2012 09:47

Link to slouchy jumper though please.

OracleInaCoracle · 22/02/2012 09:49

its not on their site! it was from H&M in the sale, only a fiver.

I am normally very scruffy.

OP posts:
MissBerta · 22/02/2012 09:52

When my hair has dried in the 'right' way, my make up looks good and I'm wearing black and a scarf. This is my default 'Yeah, I look actually not bad' look!

I'm quite self depricating with lots of things but over the years I've learnt what suits me and I'm not ashamed to say I look OK.

PinkPepper · 22/02/2012 10:03

I had my hair done yesterday and kept browsing the clothes shops to make use of there mirrors and swish about a bit.
Not sure it'll look quite as good today when I have to scrape it all up for work soon though.

AphraBehn · 22/02/2012 10:06

This does happen to me occasionally but I am usually brought back down to earth when I see the photos :(

AgeingFop · 22/02/2012 10:09

You know those days when you think you look good when leaving the house, only to catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror later and think, "Nah, I really don't"? Happens all the time.

mrsmartin · 22/02/2012 12:34

UM....pretty much everyday face wise, not body wise though as I put on 3 stone last year and am now a size 12.

When I was slim my face wasn't good at all...now im chubby my face is fab but my body is flab Grin

QueenCadbury · 22/02/2012 12:42

I think last time that happened was 6 years ago before 3 dc! Now all I see is a tired looking face staring back at me.

NotYetEverything · 22/02/2012 12:43

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JosieRosie · 22/02/2012 12:45

'You know those days when you think you look good when leaving the house, only to catch a glimpse of yourself in a mirror later and think, "Nah, I really don't"? Happens all the time'

Oh yes! Especially in hateful shop mirrors with their blaring and unnatural lights Grin

mrsmartin · 22/02/2012 12:45

HEHE - notyet that is to make you more attractive than the other females to the male....

totally agree - feel much sexier at that point of the cycle

Sparklegeek · 22/02/2012 12:46

Mrs Martin isn't there a saying that you have to choose between your arse & your face? I am a dieting 12 at the moment & have my big 4-0 next week (sshhhhh) & have realised that there's a fine line between dieting & looking slim & dieting & looking aged

OracleInaCoracle · 22/02/2012 12:57

Grin well, I just got wolfwhistled for the first time in years, so I'm not entirely imagining it. The problem is, I normally look so boring and dowdy. But, I do always feel sexier mid-cycle.

OP posts:
OracleInaCoracle · 22/02/2012 12:57

Grin well, I just got wolfwhistled for the first time in years, so I'm not entirely imagining it. The problem is, I normally look so boring and dowdy. But, I do always feel sexier mid-cycle.

OP posts:
mrsmartin · 22/02/2012 12:57

what is a big 4-0???

I'm lucky - still a baby and have finaly found skincare that works for me so face should stay even when tummy goes (fingers crossed - my face shape hasn't changed too much so don't think I'm carrying any added weight there).

mrsmartin · 22/02/2012 13:01

haha...sorry, just realised what you mean't by 4-0 (I thought it was some special weight watchers weigh in or something). sorry - I'm a doof Blush

alwaysrunninginheels · 22/02/2012 13:25

I wish it happened more often. And then when I do think I look alright I put my glasses on and feel I look about 2 stone heavier......then can't work out which size is the true one....the blurrier slimmer one or the sharply focused larger one...

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.