My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

crackle nail polish

4 replies

giraffesCantDonateBoneMarrow · 11/02/2012 15:43

I can't decide if I really like it or if it looks like I have pink on under, then put black on top and the black is just chipping. Hmm Some look great other nails look shit, Is there a good amount or way to apple the crackle polish?

OP posts:
PastGrace · 11/02/2012 15:46

What make are you using?

I have OPI and find that the silver is much better than the black. I also use a strong colour underneath so it looks more deliberate, and just do one thin layer of the shatter on top.

mrsmartin · 11/02/2012 15:48

Nails inc say you should apply a thin layer in a hap-hazzard manner (in lots of different directions rather than how you would do a normal polish). I'm not a fan but I know that is how they intend for it to be applied (if you put it on as normal it wont crackle as much and the crackle will all go in the same direction). and you still need a top coat.

giraffesCantDonateBoneMarrow · 11/02/2012 15:49

I did pink rimmel on under - its the new one that smells like flowers or something.

rimmel crackle too.

I did a think layer on one and its not cracked at all, just streaky lines down. some nails look fab though. But CBA redoing the shit ones - 2 layers of pink then the black on top...am not repeating that again!

OP posts:
giraffesCantDonateBoneMarrow · 11/02/2012 15:53

good tip about applying in different directions, i can see how that would work will try next time thanks.

Am thinking purple with pilver on top would be nice.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.