My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

The last item of clothing you bought that you loved

51 replies

ChickensGoMeh · 02/02/2012 20:23

The price is irrelevent, the reason unimportant. I just want to know and I want a link. Oh, and why do you love it?

And......go!

OP posts:
snowmummy · 02/02/2012 20:28

I love most things I buy ... when I buy them. I get bored of stuff though, so there's nothing in my wardrobe that's been worn and loved loads.

QuietOhSoQuiet · 02/02/2012 20:44

It was a piece of knitwear from uniqlo,wool blend tunic style jumper with cap sleeves in grey.lom
ng enought to wear with skinnies,stylish enough to wear with straights,even worn it with denim skirts and knee length boots.

Love it but checked and no links even though only bought it in november,only bum point of it is handwash only still love it though :o

WannaBeWildCosMyLifesSoTame · 02/02/2012 20:50

This t-shirt from FatFace - really pretty, will go with loads of things and makes a nice change from the million and one plain long sleeved t-shirts in my wardrobe.

I like a lot of their new season stuff although I suspect that won't be a popular opinion on here Wink

MrJelly · 02/02/2012 20:55

Have just bought www.very.co.uk/south-tall-supersoft-tabard-tunic/1019788316.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f1699%2fs%2fbestsellers%2c0&trail=1589-1699 this in pink and blue - they are great. Very soft, flattering (particularly if you have a bit of a muffin-top Wink) and versatile.

Grumpla · 02/02/2012 20:57

H&M maternity hoody with a furry lining. I was a bit Blush about spending £30 on something I'd "only" wear for a few months but have basically worn it every day since except for when it's in the wash! Soooo cosy. Glad my mum twisted my arm into getting it.

Rindercella · 02/02/2012 21:00

A DVF wrap dress in the sale at Matches.com. Can't link - am on my phone but will post a link later I promise.

Wailywailywaily · 02/02/2012 21:02

extra long tank

I bought two about three months ago and I wear them under absolutely everything with leggings and skinny jeans. I tend to wear things out if I love them :) but these seem to wash well.

cruelladepoppins · 02/02/2012 21:03

I love this www.greatplains.co.uk/product/j3ap6/Finchley+Park+Skirt.htm - except mine is in brown and the birds are pink and blue.

I have to say I love it because of the print!

StellaAndFries · 02/02/2012 21:20

This coat. I bought it for £50 in the M&S sale and it fits like a glove, I would never usually step into M&S but we were given £100 of vouchers from Sky when we signed up so it didn't even cost me a penny. I also got boots similar to these but without the buckle, reduced from £89 to £60.
I've received loads of compliments on both the coat and the boots and most importantly I feel good in them.

zanz1bar · 02/02/2012 21:44

Monsoon chunky dark brown/grey knitted dress with a big oversize cowl neck.
Can't find a picture anywhere, got it in the sale, I think £40.

I have lived in it this winters, worn every day this week, warm, so easy to wear and I like to think dam stylish with tan knee high boots.

And it washes like a dream, tumble dries in minutes and hasn't shrunk or lost shape.

Rindercella · 02/02/2012 22:12

this is the dress I bought I only ordered it today though, so can't really comment on it yet.

AmberNectarine · 02/02/2012 22:23

Bought some J Brand houlihans which are fabulous and go with pretty much anything! I love them!

TapselteerieO · 02/02/2012 22:33

I can't find a link, I liked it so much I bought two, £7.99 in h&m, I have since seen one other person wearing it (I live in quite a remote rural location).

Navy with red spots, blouse, with 3/4 sleeves and one black with white spots, the material is so soft, it is quite loose fitting, but the material is fluid, so it doesn't cling too much or billow like a tent. I even went down a size, usually I have to go up in h&m.

TwllBach · 02/02/2012 22:37

I was 17 and it was a red halter neck dress, very similar to the white one that Marilyn Monroe wore, just shorter. I was 5'7" and about 9.5 stone, my boyfriend was travelling around Australia and I was going to a party on my own and I felt really really beautiful. This was reinforced by all the hot boys from the year above hitting on me Grin that was one of the best parties I have ever been too

amothersplaceisinthewrong · 02/02/2012 22:37

Knee high boots from M&S plus , the "captains" coat simliar to the Stellaandfires. DH loves the boots and nothing else!

drowninginlaundry · 02/02/2012 22:49

this dsquared dress it is like being photoshopped, live. Gives you the most amazing figure ever.

this fleece well not bought but nicked it from my shop, haven't taken it off yet 'cause it's so warm. I need to put it in the wash as I got porridge on it this morning but it's going to be -5C tomorrow Blush

Melpomene · 02/02/2012 23:02

This black and white dress from H&M]] - bargain, smart enough for work but also flatteringly slinky. I'm 5ft 2ish so it looks a lot longer on me- just above my knees.

cocobongo · 02/02/2012 23:23

this dress from whistles

just makes me feel swish.... wore it for my birthday night out, and felt glam.

SevenAgainstThebes · 02/02/2012 23:31

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zanz1bar · 03/02/2012 10:48

Looks like a Dress theme emerging.
sevenagainstthebes love that dress.

JollySergeantJackrum · 03/02/2012 10:52

These boots

Cost me £100. They are utterly gorgeous. Have never spent so much on an item of clothing.

On the dress front I wore this for my wedding last month.

slug · 03/02/2012 11:18

These boots I'm wearing them now. They are adjustable enough to fit my err....chunky calves into and still manage to look not mumsy. P;lus they have grip for navigating the ice clad hill I live on.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 03/02/2012 16:45

Great thread - I love having a nosey at what other people are buying/wearing.

Mine is my beautiful chocolate brown leather biker jacket - I love it and need the weather to warm up a bit so I can wear it!

WaitingForMe · 03/02/2012 16:53

I got married in This dress in December. Wore it with black shoes, a skinny black belt and elbow-length black satin gloves.

Felt just a little bit fabulous Grin

Gillybobs · 03/02/2012 16:55

Ive just bought this and cannot quite believe how flattering it is on me with black opaques and shoeboots. It is my dream dress. I am simply gong to have to lie if someone asks me where its from Blush

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.