My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Have epilated face

19 replies

yummyoldbag · 25/01/2012 11:25

Please help, I did this about half an hour ago and have a red face with white bumps rapidly coming up! Any advice as to what to put on? I have aloe gel, sudocream, rose oil and various moisturisers but am not sure which to choose and do not want to make things worse.

OP posts:
Angel786 · 25/01/2012 11:29

Aloe Vera or aloe gel, or tea tree lotion.

Keep it cool and v clean.

Good luck!

TopazMortmain · 25/01/2012 11:30

And maybe some ice?

yummyoldbag · 25/01/2012 11:33

OK going to go with the aloe gel. Wish me luck! Bloody hell I never learn. Am going out on Saturday if it has not gone down I will be so pissed off. A beard would be easier to cover than this.

OP posts:
susiedaisy · 25/01/2012 11:37

I have my chin/ throat area waxed every so often and it does exactly the same, keep it clean, cool and avoid perfumes etc it will go down but mine usually takes 3 days to calm down completely, maybe take some anti inflammatory's like ibroprofen (spelling?)

FaithHopeAndKevin · 25/01/2012 11:41

You daft git Grin That's something you do last thing at night so that it has recovered by the time anyone you are not related to needs to look at you. I'd be very tempted to go for a sudacrem beard - as long as you can get it off later. Good luck!

yummyoldbag · 25/01/2012 12:01

Looked in mirror to apply aloe vera and still have tache. This is not going well at all! Think sudocream might be the night cream tonight. Good tip re ibuprofen but would have to go to chemist without make up. Oh bugger.

OP posts:
susiedaisy · 25/01/2012 13:01

I would admit defeat and go to my nearest salon and see what they can do, it's cold enough to wear a scarfGrin

Angel786 · 25/01/2012 15:14

I used to use Sukar sugar solution for my tache which is easier to use than wax. Otherwise I found laser v good for my face!

yummyoldbag · 25/01/2012 16:45

The redness has gone down a huge amount and it looks less bumpy apart form my neck which still has a raised rash with white heads! Overall beard and tache much reduced too. Will have to see what it is like in the morning but I am a little bit hopeful it might have been a good thing to do....

Thanks for advice - Aloe was definitely the right thing to use and I have just taken some ibuprofen. I think taking a couple of doses might reduce the inflammation left. I am a little worried it will all flare up again overnight.

OP posts:
ParsleyTheLioness · 25/01/2012 16:56

I got fed up with this as a result, and now just use facial hair remover.

Angel786 · 25/01/2012 18:17

Pleased it's looming and feeling better op. Keep topping up with aloe / sudo and keep it cool.

cheesesarnie · 25/01/2012 18:31

thankyou for posting this.if i ever considered doing this, i wont now!
hope your face gets better soon!

yummyoldbag · 25/01/2012 23:36

Cheese, will post in morning as I think that will be errrr illuminating (?) ATM very pleased with loss of tache and beard. I hate facial hair growth!

OP posts:
BobbinRobin · 26/01/2012 19:13

How is it now?

Am intigued as have fluffy cheeks and an epilator. (I already tweeze moustache to buggery so that's sort of under control.)

yummyoldbag · 26/01/2012 20:54

Face looks good - am very pleased, my neck however :(

There is a rash where each hair was removed - perhaps because the skin is thinner? Not sure. Bit cheesed off though. Scarf for work tomorrow I think.

OP posts:
BobblyGussets · 26/01/2012 20:59

Do it again same time next week OP. I am not "being funny", but it is a bit like waxing: the first timeis the worst/hardest and if you keep on top of it, the subsequent epilations are not so traumatic. And, you will know now to do it last thing.

I do it about once a week and have fairly sensitive skin. Sudocreme/aloe gel beard las thing at night straight after epilating and you are laughing.

yummyoldbag · 26/01/2012 21:57

ok wise women of mumsnet

Neck red and sore.

Tonight - sudocream, steroid cream or aloe gel?

PS a few smallish spots on face but no beard glinting through the foundation! I am going to crack this. just need to work out and correct what is going wrong with neck....

OP posts:
BobbinRobin · 27/01/2012 09:18

Thanks - good luck, hope all the spots have abated by now!

I think neck skin is quite different to face skin, mine is pretty sensitive and prone to blotchiness. I'd stick with the aloe, maybe with a drop of tea tree added?

I might try a test strip on my cheek at the weekend - eek.

yummyoldbag · 27/01/2012 16:07

Neck is terrible - has got worse! The spots are growing heads! Bugger. I can't see me going anywhere near it with the epilator again for a while.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.