My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

thoughts on this dress?

18 replies

addictediam · 11/01/2012 20:31

here

i'm looking for nice dresses to wear everyday, i'm fed up of being a too big jeans and baggy t-shirt mum. i'm 24 not 54!

the problem is they need to cover my sholders and knees and not be too low cut. (the low cut thing not too much of a problem i wear vests under almost everything) but would this look ok over a t-shirt? i was thinking a black short sleeve t-shirt in the summer with black or pink flat shoes and black tights, flats and black long sleeve t-shirt on colder days?

i'm sure it looked nicer on the hanger tho! but will putting something under make it look frumpy or not change it at all?

OP posts:
theladylovescupcakes · 11/01/2012 21:24

Nice! Don't think a short sleeve would work though. A long sleeve black fine knit cotton top would work for cooler days. How about a wee shrug or 3/4 sleeve fine knit cardi to go over the top?

suebfg · 11/01/2012 21:27

Is this for casual wear? Looks a little formal to me.

FaffTastic · 11/01/2012 22:55

It doesn't look like and everyday dress tbh and I don't think a t-shirt would like right under it.

If I was being reeeeally honest it looks like the type of thing a 54 yr old would wear rather than a 24 yr old. Sorry Blush

RedBlanket · 11/01/2012 23:01

It's quite smart, I'd wear it for work, rather than casual though

Ifancyashandy · 11/01/2012 23:08

Sorry, it's really old fashioned and way too old for a 24 yr old. And it wouldnt work with a t-shirt underneath. It's a work dress.

I can't do links on my phone but genre seen a load of day dresses on the Zara site.

ThatVikRinA22 · 11/01/2012 23:19

have a look at dorothy perkins.

i just got loads of day dresses in their sale - i am now living in dresses and boots!
i got some jumper dresses for £17 down from £35 which are great for wearing every day with boots, they dont look dressy but dont look as casual as jeans. i live in them, really!

ill see if i can link.....
this one - i got it in 3 colours! i live in them...loads of other nice dresses on dotty p aswell

ThatVikRinA22 · 11/01/2012 23:23

ah fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.....sorry......will need to get that deleted and will relink .....

ThatVikRinA22 · 11/01/2012 23:27

sorry about that op....do we have a swear box?

i was logged into my own account when i linked it....had a panic then thinking that A) someone could view all my details
and b) i could be outed!

very sorry....i reported my post and then un reported it so it should stay anyway.

TheFarSide · 11/01/2012 23:29
ThatVikRinA22 · 11/01/2012 23:39

wotcha waiting for far?

TheFarSide · 11/01/2012 23:44

For the re-link?

Can't really remember as got distracted by another thread about night sweats and am wondering if I have leukaemia.

Time to turn the computer off.

KurriKurri · 11/01/2012 23:46

Sorry - not keen. Makes me want to start singing The Hills are Alive Grin

ThatVikRinA22 · 11/01/2012 23:55

oh sorry far the link is good to go....use the one ^ up there - i found out if i just logged out no one could spy on me or change my password Grin

link above is ok....

addictediam · 12/01/2012 07:30

Oh :( I guess its a no then.

It looked alot nicer on the hanger than it does on that model tho. I couldnt try it on because I'm heavily pregnant. It didn't look too formal, thanks for the link, I'll check out dotty p.

OP posts:
ThatVikRinA22 · 12/01/2012 12:06

i wouldnt buy anything while pg to be honest....you will just depress yourself if you cant get into it.

wait about 6 weeks and then go with a friend for a couple of hours and treat yourself.

upahill · 12/01/2012 13:57

I'm sorry I don't like it either.

Way to old for you.

If you are fed up of the too big jeans and baggy t shirts get something that is a bit more fitted or even semi fitted. You can get straight leg maternity jeans that would make you feel better with some trendy boots.

Clothes that are too big for you make you look like a bag lady.

Clownsarescary · 12/01/2012 14:02

Way too formal looking, and as Faff said, it looks exactly like something a 54 yo would wear. Sorry.

redheadsunited · 12/01/2012 14:24

I agree that it is a little dressy for daytimewear - although it is a lovely dress. Have you tried Dorothy Perkins for daytime dresses they have a huge selection most of which are lovely.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.