My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

would you wear a yellow...

10 replies

bluetortoise · 10/01/2012 12:46

pair of shoes with this dress?
www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Ted+Baker+Yupa+dress/161379405,default,pd.html

I have a skirt and top version of this dress (which I couldn't find online) and I wonder what you think about wearing yellow shoes with it? Do you think this would be suitable for a wedding? TIA

OP posts:
bluetortoise · 10/01/2012 12:47
OP posts:
planetpotty · 10/01/2012 13:06

Depends on how yellow - bright sunny yellow no.

Personally I would team it with navy blue shoes. Smile

bluetortoise · 10/01/2012 13:18

oh yeah, I see what u mean, I think that would be a great choice too, need to look for links now, any one would like to help me with this. The other thing is, could I wear something to keep me a bit warmer, the top version is sleeveless and I feel the cold :-(

OP posts:
madammecholet · 10/01/2012 13:29

I have a pair of mustard heels which would be perfect with this. You can wear yellow, but not bright neon, more subtle banana iykwim...

planetpotty · 10/01/2012 13:32

YY to the mustard working well ...but still sticking with (for me) would be navy, probably suede block heels.

I'm just not a yellow shoe kinda gal Wink

ReneandGeorgetteMagritte · 10/01/2012 14:04

Maybe, but the dress is quite busy, so I would want the shoes to shout too much iykwim

HotBurrito1 · 10/01/2012 14:36

I was expecting to be aghast at any yellow shoes with anything, but I reckon it could work.

bluetortoise · 10/01/2012 20:52

thank you so much for the suggestions, I think i will go for the blue, as I agree that the dress is already quite busy :-)

OP posts:
bluetortoise · 17/01/2012 00:12

well, I'm back, as you might have noticed I am a bit clueless style wise, so I came back to ask what might be a very basic question Hmm I think I will go for this shoes www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/platform-court_228071241 but which colour of tights should I wear with it? Confused

OP posts:
bluetortoise · 17/01/2012 14:26

oh no, disaster... the shoes I ordered are too narrow for my feet, so my question is: is it possible to find nice wide fitting shoes??? I am looking for a mid to high heel blue shoes, any idea where I might find one, preferably online???

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.