My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Whether you're into football, athletics, tennis, golf or cricket, join the dicsussion on our Sport forum.

Sports

karate for 3-4yr olds

5 replies

Travie · 26/03/2016 10:55

Want to find a Karate club for a 3yr9mth old boy, to give him discipline, routine and to toughen him up a little. Needs to be in the area of EN5(London). So if anyone knows of anyone who teaches Karate to this age group would much appreciate details ASAP. Don't know if I've done this right as its first time on this website.

OP posts:
ineedamoreadultieradult · 26/03/2016 11:01

They normally want them to be 5 to start karate. Not saying you won't find one but just managing your expectations.

Travie · 31/03/2016 21:20

Thank you for your response X

OP posts:
BikeRunSki · 31/03/2016 21:27

DS wanted to do Karate ehen he was 5, but we could find nowhere that would take him under 6. There was a local (Yorkshire, not London) martial arts academy place that did a sort of mash up exercise/generic martial arts/gym/soft play kids class called "Little Ninjas" that he went to a few times.

massistar · 14/04/2016 14:50

Same here.. Karate tends to start at 5/6. My kids do jujitsu which is a mixed martial art and I'd say it's more suitable (and more fun) than karate for little ones.

doineedhelp · 18/04/2016 14:24

Try looking on UK taekwondo website, my son goes to active tigers 5-8 year olds but they have little tiger cub classes from 3-5.. my ds loves it 😀

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.