My feed

to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

schools for challanging behaviour??

3 replies

lars · 27/02/2005 08:09

Can any one give me some advice or tips regarding finding a school for challanging behaviour/0.DD..ADHD I live in essex, so I could get to Herts /Loughton live in epping forest district. I am not happy with the school and realise that I don't think things will change. larsxx

OP posts:
JaysMum · 27/02/2005 10:01

lars you can contact your LEa and ask for the addmissions dept..ask them about the schools in your area that accept children with ADHD.....some have specialised small units attached to mainstream where your child can access the right education/support and also the mainstream aspect of school.

Hope the info I sent helped.....
Thinking of

JakB · 27/02/2005 10:02

Lars, hope you are OK. I don't know about schools in that area but I know there are usually one or two in each borough? Good luck. Are you OK?

lars · 27/02/2005 13:19

Thanks everyone. That's what I feel DS needs a unit attached to main stream school. ALthough ds doesn't want to change from his current school. I think he just thinks this is how school treat you and doesn't like the thought of change. larsxx

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.