My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

DLA rejected

5 replies

ohdofukoff · 04/12/2023 20:56

So today.. after waiting 20 weeks for a decision, I rang DWP for an update... and our claim has been rejected.
I am in absolute shock as we would expect to get middle rate and mobility for the type of disability and needs my child has.
Even more of a shocker is that my job is supporting families to apply for DLA for this condition, so I'm experienced at knowing what to put.
Will obviously request a mandatory reconsideration but I'm thinking there is no chance of good news before Xmas.

OP posts:
BlueBrick · 04/12/2023 21:01

You are unlikely to hear the outcome of a MR before Christmas, unfortunately. Although it isn’t impossible.

Crazyhousewife23 · 26/12/2023 18:47

It all goes on the evidence provided by professionals. I was advised they only have 15 minutes for each case and they only read the professional statements, if this is true it would explain a lot of the dla rejections.

Anola · 03/01/2024 00:19

Fight back, pursue it. Take it further. Ask for a reconsider, if still no different take it further still, you've nothing to lose and all to gain for your child.

happyfishcoco · 03/04/2024 02:59

Crazyhousewife23 · 26/12/2023 18:47

It all goes on the evidence provided by professionals. I was advised they only have 15 minutes for each case and they only read the professional statements, if this is true it would explain a lot of the dla rejections.

so sad if that is true.

I read the form, I thought my DC would get the middle rate... 
And the first line is saying do not need any diagnoses to get DLA.
I was going to apply without professional evidence.
and I don't want to ask any professional to fill the "reference" part for me.

until I google there around 50% of people will be rejected.

OP do you have any updates? why they rejected you?
and did you provide any professional evidence?

BlueBrick · 03/04/2024 09:59

You don’t need a diagnosis, DLA is based on needs. But you do need evidence. It is unusual for a claim to be successful with any evidence (either written or verbal if DWP contact e.g. school).

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.