My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

DS9 trialling delmosart

4 replies

WineWithAView · 15/02/2023 19:45

DS9 just started on 18mg of delmosart 4 days ago. Obviously very early days but lots of positives to it...he's better able to control his impulses and his emotions and is quite staggeringly quick to do the things he's asked to do!

One thing I'm concerned about though, is that he seems a bit more prone to sadness this last few days. I was wondering if anyone else noticed this in their DC on delmosart? It's a funny week because it's half term and his uncle is visiting from overseas, but DS is generally one extreme or the other with his emotions...the BEST DAY EVER! can become the worst day ever in 0.2 seconds. With the hyper giddiness and crashing lows to match.

He hasn't had any of the BEST DAY EVER moments since starting on delmosart. This is made even more unusual because his uncle is here who generally inspires such feelings in him on a regular basis. But he has said a few times that he's not enjoying the week as much as he usually does when his uncle is here. And seems quite down and subdued at times.

This is really unlike him so I'm assuming it's the delmosart. We don't have a Dr's appointment until 6 weeks, which seems far too long when trialling a new medication? Does anyone have any thoughts/experience of this? Thanks.

OP posts:
PritiPatelsMaker · 15/02/2023 22:21

Oils it be that it's just knocking the extremes of emotion off so he's feeling ok, he's just not feeling the interned feelings he's had before?

WineWithAView · 16/02/2023 09:02

Thanks PritiPatelsMaker, yeah he's definitely not feeling the extremes which is good, but I'm concerned about how sad he's feeling.

Sorry, that might have got lost in my rambling first post. So he's not having the extreme highs and lows, but is feeling generally just a bit sad. In fact, I took him to bed just after writing the post last night and he cried in bed...sad quiet tears about things he's been disappointed about all week. I don't know if it's a direct reaction to the meds (can stimulants make people sad?) or maybe that he's feeling out of sorts because of the change in his behaviour due to the meds and he's just struggling to figure it all out?

He's having a day off the meds today, will see how his mood is.

OP posts:
PritiPatelsMaker · 16/02/2023 18:46

Hope you've had a better day today @WineWithAView

WineWithAView · 16/02/2023 22:11

PritiPatelsMaker · 16/02/2023 18:46

Hope you've had a better day today @WineWithAView

Yes, no tablet today so a more exhausting day for me, bit a better mood day for DS. Thanks for asking. 💕

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.