Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

Autistic DS and first confession

HerculesMulligan · 09/05/2022 13:20

Tried this in the Religion bit but no replies!

My DS is very keen in theory to make his confession with his school pals (we’re Catholic). Although we've always gone to church every week and his NT sister will sail through it when it’s her turn, I’m daunted by the preparation process for a child who’s very literal, law abiding and anxious. Wondering if any mumsnetters have had a similar experience?

OP's posts:
Please
or

RaisingAgent · 09/05/2022 22:15

Hello @HerculesMulligan I am not Catholic so don't know the ins and outs of the confession dynamic, but I think it's great you're thinking mindfully about it.

I remember reading some resources for autistic Christians from an American autistic priest who I think is Catholic, and when I googled to find him, it turns out he's written this article on preparing for confession - any help?

aleteia.org/2019/10/23/an-autistic-priest-with-advice-for-autistic-penitents-and-those-who-hear-their-confessions/amp/

Please
or

HerculesMulligan · 10/05/2022 10:00

That's wonderful. Thank you for searching that out for me. I'll share it with my parish priest.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.