Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

Microcephaly reoccurrence

Ah5337 · 29/04/2022 09:10

Hello, my child had IUGR and after he was born he had been given the diagnosis of developmental delay and microcephaly. We are going through genetic testing but that could take months.

Can people share their stories of having a baby with microcephaly and if your babies afterwards have the same issue?

As it is so rare I am not expecting it to happen again but then there is that fear that is putting me off.

I am not done having kids but I am not sure what caused IUGR and microcephaly in my ds and the consultant seems to think we won't get an answer.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Moomieboo · 05/05/2022 20:47

Our boy was diagnosed with Microcephaly and has developmental delays. He was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder which is de novo. We went on to have his sister (not planned) before we knew this diagnosis.
To have any certainty you need to wait for genetics.

Please
or

Ah5337 · 05/05/2022 23:00

@Moomieboo thank you for your response.

May I ask what condition your son has? What delays did he have? What age is he now and how is he getting on?

I'm assuming your daughter is fine with no condition?

I think I'm just worrying about the results and really hope that it's not genetic as I do want more and its really hard to accept that it might not be possible.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.