My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Slow processing speed

1 reply

Thered · 06/10/2021 00:12

Hello, I just wondered if anyone has any experience of this and can shed any light about where I could find some more information. My 5 year old son just seems to take longer to do things than his peers and school have commented. From just Googling it sounds like he had a lot of the traits that suggest it might be something that's impacting him, and might explain why he's always found social interactions quite hard, particularly in groups where there's lots going on. His sister is dyslexic, but I just don't think he is, he gets spelling, he's just very slow at reading and writing. Would anyone have any advice about how we would even go about getting it assessed? We had to wait until 7 for a dyslexia assessment for his sister but I'd rather do something as soon as possible if we can. I'm just so sad for him and how hard he finds things

OP posts:
BlankTimes · 09/10/2021 03:18

Can you refer to a Speech and Language Therapist direct? They have all sorts of tests to show exactly what difficulties he's having with processing information.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.