My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Underwear help

5 replies

Starfish25 · 15/07/2021 19:43

Hi,
I've been trying to toilet train my 5 year old son but he hates the feel of the underwear on his skin but he's ok when he is wearing his nappy as he can't feel it. Has anyone got any tips that i could try with him please?

OP posts:
Tal45 · 15/07/2021 19:53

Loose boxer shorts? Would they work?

Starfish25 · 15/07/2021 20:07

I've never actually seen loose boxers only the trunk type or the y front ones xx

OP posts:
brightdaysahead · 16/07/2021 20:55

Hi Starfish,

We had a similar thing with our little one too. We found some loose boxers at Asda children's section. The material is really light and very loose fitting. Fingers cross that does the trick for you 🤞

Starfish25 · 17/07/2021 08:58

@brightdaysahead

Hi Starfish,

We had a similar thing with our little one too. We found some loose boxers at Asda children's section. The material is really light and very loose fitting. Fingers cross that does the trick for you 🤞

Thank you very much i will give them a try and see how we get on xx
OP posts:
brightdaysahead · 17/07/2021 11:09

Sorry should have also added that we got one size up and they look like shorts. Which I think helped our little boy as he didn't then have to have another pair of trousers or shorts on. I think the fresh air helped down below helped and similar to some of the other potty training suggestions that say just to leave them running around with nothing on their bottom half. Good luck!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.