My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Global delay

2 replies

mabel2800 · 07/04/2021 13:45

Had an appointment today for the results of my 9 year old sons assessments they've said he has a global learning delay/ disability.
I am quite shocked even thought we were expecting bad news they've said he is working at age 6 so is quite far behind ... his speech has come on leaps an bounds he has made fantastic progress there. They've said we can now apply for an echp going forward.
I don't really know what I'm asking for with this post maybe just reassurance that my lovely boy will be ok. Socially he is amazing and is a very popular boy it is purely the academic side of things he is struggling with.
Any advice would be appreciated thanks all x

OP posts:
mabel2800 · 07/04/2021 21:28

OP posts:
luckymagnoliatree · 15/04/2021 20:29

I can't really offer much guidance but wanted to say you aren't alone, my DS1 has been diagnosed with gdd and he has speech delay. He's 4.5 and they have said he's delayed by up to 2 years at this point. DS2 is just over 2 and developmentally is already ahead of him in many areas, it's like having twins...but with a 28mth age gap! 🙈

We are also going through the EHCP application process at the moment, I'll pre-warn you the forms are very repetitive! We are waiting to hear if it will go to panel - I really hope it will and he gets the support he needs as I'm already dreading his move into yr1 and not sure how he will cope without the extra support.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.