My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Advice please

4 replies

mlk09 · 04/04/2021 22:52

Hey

Can anyone help or let me know if they had same experience with there child.

My son is 3 and a half and was diagnosed with autism last august. I always new from a very early age so I got in touch with health visitors etc right away as I seen that early intervention was key however I feel it has made no difference at all. My son has had no support at all. So isn't any further on with anything really he's currently non verbal. I'm so worried and don't know wot to do. Zoom calls will not work with my son as he's all over the place I have also tried pecs cards and will continue to keep trying them however I've also found this very hard to do with him as he just gives up and goes away. We went private but unfortunately had to give up on that as it was all done through zoom which just doesn't work with hiM. Does anyone know of anyone that does one to one work with kids with autism as I feel this might be the only way. Thanks. Sorry for rant. X

OP posts:
mlk09 · 05/04/2021 21:16

Hello anyone here Smile

OP posts:
Etosha2021 · 23/05/2021 23:30

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

LittleDoveLove · 24/05/2021 13:47

Hello, our child doesn't have a diagnosis but has traits, we have a private SLT who will see in person.
There is also a good online SLT called Joanne Jones The Can-Do Academy. She has challenges and boot camps you could take a look at her she's on Facebook and also has a website.

Etosha2021 · 24/05/2021 14:02

Ok thank you

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.