My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

DLA decision time

3 replies

Carajane18 · 07/08/2019 17:54

I got the message saying my son's DLA application and had been received 5 weeks ago now. How long does it usually take or how long did it take anyone that has applied recently x

OP posts:
Gilbert82 · 12/08/2019 18:06

We waited around 5 weeks. We were refused DLA so have submitted a mandatory reconsideration, it’s been 3 weeks so far (I was told over the phone they aim to give a decision in 4 weeks for mandatory reconsideration but our acknowledgment letter said up to 11 weeks!). Good luck!

caringcarer · 20/09/2020 14:13

When I applied on behalf of foster child I got reply in 4 weeks saying he had qualified. He attends a Special school and they gave us letter as evidence and we got SW and pediatrician to give us letter outlining his disabilities too. I was told the more objective evidence you can provide the easier it is for DLA to be awarded to child to gain award. Send in everything you can to support child's claim.

Gemma1292 · 10/11/2020 18:40

Hi I'm after some advice my son was awarded dla highest rate on 6th november 2020, and I'm just wondering when I could expect my backdated payment.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.