My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

The Laminator Bites Back

4 replies

mrsforgetful · 18/08/2004 23:05

DO NOT TRY TO LAMIATE TWO THINGS AT ONCE AS I DID ACCIDENTLY THE OTHER DAY!!!!!
The whole lot jammed and i ended up taking the whole thing apart to get at the rollers....then after no success i decided to resign to having to buy a new one.....and began hacking at the tightly rolled lamiated stuff...with a stanley knife.....psych eat your heart out!
So ther i was hacking and shredding- then switching it on for a second or so to allow the rollers to move- then another slice of laminated stuff tugged out- then on with the rollers....and YES YES YES!!!!!! i freed the rollers and amazingly it works brilliantly!!!!!!

I was laminating some stuff for my aspergers sons....DIGIMON....so typical really that i recked their pictures in the process.....i was dreading their reaction....obsessions and routines and all that....but due to how long i was unjamming it they luckily forgot what i was up to - and when a few days later tom remembered i got away with saying i had put it all away safe....and would give him it later........

OP posts:
mrsforgetful · 18/08/2004 23:06

should read 'TRY NOT TO LAMINATE 2 THINGS ETC'

OP posts:
coppertop · 18/08/2004 23:10

How did I guess that this thread would be yours, MrsF? I seem to be stalking you all over again!

Armed and dangerous with a Stanley knife and a laminator indeed!

I have now joined you in that cult known as "The Order of the Laminatrix". I've got 50 of the plastic you-know-what's and have been roaming through the house looking for things to laminate. I shall be eagerly awaiting any other laminatrix hints and tips.

Davros · 19/08/2004 18:46

Coppertop - laminate all the baby/kid photos in your purse, laminate any membership cards that aren't already laminated, laminate a fiver and send it to me, I will get to work with my Stanley knife

coppertop · 19/08/2004 18:52

ROFL!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.