My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Up against the panel tomorrow!!!

8 replies

Dingle · 25/07/2006 16:45

Rang LEA as 6 weeks from first request for a statement is up tomorrow. The advisor told us the supporting evidence is going up before the panel tomorrow so we should know early next week on their decision.

Just hanging in limbo - I hate this waiting.

OP posts:
dinosaur · 25/07/2006 17:01

This reply has been withdrawn

This has been withdrawn by MNHQ at the poster's request.

maddiemostmerry · 26/07/2006 08:47

Hope you get good news Dingle, waiing is terrible.

Jimjams2 · 26/07/2006 09:07

Early next week? Will they make the decision today? If so ring them and ask someone to ring you and tell you the answer.

emmalou78 · 26/07/2006 09:13

Dingle, I hope they agree to assess, but I'm with jimjams ring them later today and see what they have decided, that way whatever your next step is, you can press on now.

Dingle · 26/07/2006 09:32

Got Amelia paediatric appointment today too, so I am going to ask her to do a full developemental assessment so it is all ready and waiting.

Thing is she is doing sooo well ATM her toilet training is going well, she has been dry in the day for about a month now although she has pooed herself a couple of times. Her speech is coming on leaps and bounds too....I just have to focus on the negatives again and look at how far behind her peers she is!!

I think this is worse than applying for the DLA, because you have to find that balance to allow her to attend mainstream but be lagging behing enough to get the support she needs and deserves. I am constantly being told she is fine....but why should being "fine" be enough when it seems most children in mainstream ed with DS get 25 hours support and she is getting 20 minutes a couple of times a week and no outside therapy ATM!!!

OP posts:
emmalou78 · 26/07/2006 10:14

Dingle, the statement process IS worse then DLA forms, you have to be so very very negative, without stretching the facts. And it does get you down, then they offer you a poxy 10 hours and you have to get back into that mindset and fight some more...

FioFio · 26/07/2006 10:20

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Socci · 26/07/2006 10:57

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.