My feed

to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

got the grant

6 replies

buzylizy · 09/02/2006 10:46

just had a letter from motability saying we have got the grant for a wheelchair access vehicle. Trouble is it's not the one I asked for. What the heck is a renault master?

OP posts:
Pixel · 09/02/2006 11:54

That's great news about the grant. Um, don't want to worry you but being nosy I just did a quick google for Renault Master and all I got was a load of huge vans. One of them was converted into a horsebox! Can't be right surely!

buzylizy · 09/02/2006 12:50

You have just made me lol. I know I rang motability and they said it was one of the biggest they did. I think it is because I really pushed to get an extra seat as usually you get one each and then the wheelchir. No good really as you can't take anyone with you. I than listed all her kit as I din't want a belingo or kangoo as too small. I wanted a citreon dispach. Still at least she will have room to grow(and keep horses!) Best bit is it will have tinted windows.

OP posts:
Pixel · 09/02/2006 14:32

Very flash! And mysterious! People will see you driving around Brighton and assume it is Chris Eubanks .

doormat · 09/02/2006 14:36

bl great news
btw do u have to get a grant for wheelchair accessible vehicle and does it cost the same £160 ish per month
can u explain it for me as need to get one next year for ds2

FioFio · 09/02/2006 14:36

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

buzylizy · 09/02/2006 15:26

fiofio don't give me ideas!!!
To get a grant just contact motorbility and they will send you a form. I sent it of in December I also got letters to back up what we were asking for. You then just pay your motorbility as usual.Sometimes you have to pay a deposit Like usual.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.