Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Business founders/entrepreneurs

Logo Design - Advice Please

11 replies

Daphnesmate01 · 07/09/2020 16:21

I want to start a small on-line business and would like to have my logo design put in stamp form (the type you can buy off sites like Etsy - black and white stamp). I have a design in mind but the image is fairly complicated. I am no artist unfortunately and it would just end up looking amateurish. So, my question is, who (if anybody) an help me with the logo at a reasonable rate as I need to keep my start up costs low. Also, I can't see the logo being used on anything other than my website and manually stamped onto packaging. Anyone?

OP posts:
crunchtimes · 07/09/2020 21:50

You can buy logos / branding from Etsy or use Fivver website.

Daphnesmate01 · 07/09/2020 22:00

Thanks crunch. I have been doing a bit of googling and have come across one possibility so far. But will also look at Fivver website. Just wondering if anyone has used any of these sites and would recommend?

OP posts:
alwaysupdating · 11/09/2020 15:39

I have a friend that used fiver and the logos look good enough, I think if you want soemthing really fancy you have to pay abit more, but you can set your budget 🙂

I will be needing a new logo soon and tired canva to design it myself, I thibk I have to pay for some pictures but that seems easy to use too 🙂

Daphnesmate01 · 11/09/2020 18:49

Hi always. I think I've found someone to design my logo at a very reasonable rate. She will be using pre-existing graphics (if graphics are used) but her portfolio of work looks good and I'm happy to hand this over.

OP posts:
designmama · 13/09/2020 21:37

As a designer myself I would advise against Fiver if you are serious about your business. You really do get what you pay for.

Someonesayroadtrip · 13/09/2020 21:40

I've used Fiverr and not impressed.

Cheesytoast · 13/09/2020 21:46

@Daphnesmate01 how much do you think would be a reasonable price to pay for a logo?

Userxyz123 · 14/09/2020 16:32

No idea Cheesy but I am paying double figures not triple! It will be sufficient for what I need.

Someonesayroadtrip · 14/09/2020 17:26

I was prepared to pay up to £200 - £350 but so many wanted a lot more for me to have the files etc. I ended up paying £70 on fiveerr but the imagine isn't drawn like I repeatedly asked for and was assured it was. It wasn't.

It's fine, it works, it's grown on me, but like said above, you get what you pay for.

Cheesytoast · 14/09/2020 18:39

Thanks @Userxyz123 and @Someonesayroadtrip

I asked because DH is a logo designer and has always said that for small startups he’s willing to charge less, in line with what people can actually afford. But people are always reluctant to reveal their budget

Someonesayroadtrip · 14/09/2020 18:58

I would have spoken about mine, but I guess the fear is that they will work to the upper limit then.

Some people offer different things for the money and for me I wanted the social media kit and transparent format as well as all rights to use the logo. With the more premium ones everything was extra and when I worked it out it would have cost well over a thousand ponds for a logo. I didn't have that sort of money, my business has never made any income 😂 so it's was I pry may to get value but I was willing to pay quite a bit more than I did.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.