Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Fee increase

Borntobeamum · 17/11/2020 18:44

Has anyone had confirmation that fees for Slimming World are to increase in The new year?

OP's posts:
Please
or

HeyBaby2020 · 18/11/2020 18:00

Yes by £1

Please
or

Borntobeamum · 19/11/2020 12:34

Thanks. I’d had it confirmed. I just think 20% is a huge increase.

OP's posts:
Please
or

sherrystrull · 19/11/2020 12:39

I know they haven't put their prices up in 12 years but it seems a rubbish time to do it.

Please
or

Borntobeamum · 19/11/2020 18:29

Both me and my DH do it and it’ll be £48 a month!
I think they are doing it as they know so many people re/join in January.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Shopaholic100 · 24/11/2020 23:29

Unless I reach target by December I’m leaving. It may only be a pound but I’m just not enjoying the group anymore, it feels rushed and I used to enjoy the social aspect (coffee and natter). I’ll still follow the plan at home.

Please
or

MusicTeacherSussex · 24/11/2020 23:41

Are people genuinely bothered by this? The app has improved tenfold with the planner and item scanner, and the consultants have been running many extra groups and working long hours throughout the pandemic. I'm happy to pay, as the service has improved. As I see it, I've put my rates up by a lot more since 12 years ago, as have many. Wages have also increased (not enough I know) so it's just tantamount to everything else. 4 pounds a month surely is okay?

Please
or

Borntobeamum · 27/11/2020 11:30

Yes people are bothered.
To some people, £5.95 a week is a chunk out of their shopping money.
Not everyone works.
These are hard times for many, and for me, Slimming World is a luxury I can’t afford.

OP's posts:
Please
or

helloxhristmas · 27/11/2020 11:34

£48 a month?!?! That's bonkers. You could join a gym for that, one of you. Mfp and stop feeding the cycle.

Please
or

Fatladyslim · 07/12/2020 18:14

I think it's worth the extra £1 after drastically improving the service.

Please
or

Borntobeamum · 08/12/2020 12:20

Unfortunately my consultant leaves a lot to be desired 🥴

OP's posts:
Please
or

VapeVamp12 · 10/12/2020 14:03

I'm happy with the increase so long as we can go back to group. The virtual zoom groups aren't great really. As others have said the app is great and worth the extra £1 for me

Please
or

goingtotown · 10/12/2020 20:06

My consultant is asking for payment, I don’t zoom or submit my weight, has anyone else had this?

Please
or

bobdylannumber1 · 12/12/2020 18:35

I.live in Ireland and we were asked to pay €54 during lock down preferably mimey up front i wasnt offered any discounts my sil was, I couldn't pay money to use my owm scales thry promised 1 to 1 bit when sil asked fir help none was provided ( sil did pah tje money fir the 6 weeks of lock down, i had my account frozen. I like the plan and its working for me but I don't get help from consultant I have to say however I need the weekly weigh ins and I love the app when you can scan items. I don't mind paukngntjr extra €1 but I do think with civid its bad timing I joined caise ud put in tjr covid stome plus another stone so now have lost tje covid stome amd 1 more to go.

Please
or

goingtotown · 29/12/2020 09:34

@helloxchristmas
It’s £23.80 for 4 weeks.

Please
or

elenacampana · 29/12/2020 09:40

I can’t complain about a rise - they’re a business and have to meet their costs, which don’t go up anywhere near as much as other businesses do each year. As others have said, their app has improved so much. SW is really good value for money as far as I’m concerned.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.