My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Slimming World

Can you please tell me if I understood it right ? Just signed up yesterday !

12 replies

Colourfulpast1975 · 04/05/2016 18:59

Hi there,

I hope you can help me ! Is it right that I can eat as much free food type chicken or lean meat -5% fat or quorn with as much as rice or bulgur wheat or pasta (must be dried). I have to make sure 1/3 is super free food like vegetable, salad, radish, courgettes etc...

With this I need 2 healthy extras which I can choose in the food optimising book.

I can have 15 syns and refer myself to the book !!

Do I sound like I understand it ?? Thank you !!

OP posts:
eandh · 04/05/2016 19:03

Yes just make sure you have one healthy option A and one healthy option B (not 2 from one!) lots of free/speed food with meals (some people have pasta/meat and then have fruit as pudding for speed food but the idea is free/speed food eaten with the meal to fill you up and stop you over eating) I love Sw been doing it for 2 years and lost 3.5 stone and my friend lost almost 5 stone and we've both maintained whilst having a 'life' x

Lighteningirll · 04/05/2016 19:05

Have you signed up online or at a group?

Colourfulpast1975 · 04/05/2016 19:49

Thank you !! I have joined a group ! Can I have super free food (veg on the side 1/3) and a fruit as well as pudding ?

OP posts:
Lighteningirll · 04/05/2016 20:30

I think you need to give your consultant a ring she won't mind and can talk it all through with you. Superfree is long gone in SW so I don't know where you are getting that from. Some fruit and veg are Speed and they need to be 1/3 of your plate. Honestly your consultant won't mind she will be happy to help.

Allyoucaneat · 04/05/2016 21:57

I joined two weeks ago and I understand it as you've described. It's 1/3 speed foods (not superfree) but yeh sounds like you've got it.

Basically bread, fat and sugar is out unless you use your syns for it.

Colourfulpast1975 · 05/05/2016 11:58

Thank you !! It is all starting to make sense and I got in touch with my consultant !

OP posts:
SocksRock · 07/05/2016 18:53

I signed up online yesterday, still working out what I can eat! Fingers crossed this works, I need to lose the weight!

Colourfulpast1975 · 07/05/2016 19:11

Socks - I have been doing for 3 days and I'm quite happy with it so far !! All the best !!

OP posts:
SocksRock · 07/05/2016 21:26

I keep forgetting to have enough veg. I did veg, chicken and pasta for tea, but I think it was too much pasta and not enough veg. Changing that ratio is going to be key I think

Colourfulpast1975 · 07/05/2016 21:47

What I do is a massive salad which last me 2-3 days and I change the carbs and toppings...could be Quorn pieces or tuna with bulgur wheat or pasta or giant couscous !

OP posts:
SocksRock · 08/05/2016 07:29

Today is shopping day, so I need to do a meal plan and write a list...

What do you put in your salad? I was looking at buying a spiraliser thing as well. We grow courgettes in the garden, and always have a massive glut so incorporating them into everything would really help!

Can you spiralise rhubarb I wonder...

Colourfulpast1975 · 08/05/2016 08:14

It was shopping day for me yesterday ! The salad is a mix of crunchy salad + rocket or else with cucumber, raddish, tomatoes, sweetcorn, spring onion, gratted carrots or pepper...etc...Friday for dinner I had : tin of tuna + loads of bulgur wheat + loads of cucumber, sweet corn, tomatoes, Spring onion + 2 tbs of lighter than light Hellman mayonnaise (1 syn)...

I have a Spiritualizer, it's great ! I'd try to spiritualize the rubarbs ! You never know !!!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.