Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. You may wish to speak to a medical professional before starting any diet.

Slimming World

A question about free food and calories

6 replies

Doubtfuldaphne · 19/05/2015 21:28

If a muller light is 99 calories and a chocolate bar is 99 calories then why is the muller light free but not the chocolate bar? I imagine they're going by the nutritional value but hair wondered..

OP posts:
Please
or

Doubtfuldaphne · 19/05/2015 21:29

'Just' wondered not hair wondered!

OP posts:
Please
or

HelpMeGetOutOfHere · 19/05/2015 21:32

I'm not sure. Think it's something to do with macro's? Also things like fibre etc.

I found in slimming world I still needed to reign in my calories to lose weight. So others could eat 5/6 muller lights a day plus full meals other free foods and their syns and still lose weight but if I ate my syns each day and free foods as well such as the muller lights then I wouldn't lose weight.

Please
or

MisForMumNotMaid · 19/05/2015 21:34

The theory is the muller is quite satisfying. The chocolate bar is empty calories that may actually give you a sugar rush that leads to craving more food.

If you're not hungry then yes both are equivalent calories, but if you're at the point you really fancy something the muller is considered a better choice because it should help satisfy you, digests slowly and doesn't result in a sugar rush/ crash.

Please
or

Doubtfuldaphne · 19/05/2015 21:42

Ah I see! Makes sense. It does fill you up more than chocolate that's for sure.
I think some go crazy on their free foods just because they're 'free' but they still have calories, so everything in moderation.
I've only been with sw for three weeks and lost 11lbs I'm a bit Shock and wondering if I'm normal and when or if it'll slow down.

OP posts:
Please
or

HelpMeGetOutOfHere · 19/05/2015 21:57

That's brilliant. You're obviously doing something right Wink

I lost over 8 stone so it does work. I just had to learn to keep my free food to the veg and protein elements rather than eating the free snack type foods.

Please
or

Doubtfuldaphne · 19/05/2015 22:29

Yes definitely, I'm surprised to find how easy it is to follow and stick to. I just needed a push (my friends weight loss with sw gave me the shove I needed!) and some encouragement and I'm on my way.
8 stone is incredible! Well done!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?