My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Site stuff

OK, I started a blog today. I've had some replies, but I don't know what to do next ...

8 replies

Desiderata · 09/02/2008 23:24

I have no idea how blogs work. I have more idea about the innards of a tyrannosaurus rex, then I do about blogging.

Any how, I've had three responses. They showed up when I checked my email. How do I reply in a way that will incorporate it into my blog?

What do I do? I am old. I learned to type on a manual. But talk to me like I'm five, and give me a digestive to ease the pain.

Henk u.

OP posts:
suzywong · 09/02/2008 23:30

I don't get blogging at all

does one do it to share one's wit and wisdom with the world as a magnamimous gesture, unsolicited and not for financial gain?

I honestly don't get it. Please explain

TheDuchessOfNorksBride · 09/02/2008 23:43

Go to your blog and 'add a comment' underneath the blog article. Or not. Rather depends what the comments were.

Blogging. If it's about a subject you're interested in - chickens, b/f, rimming around Redcar etc then it's informative to others. If the blogger is very funny, then it's entertaining for others. If it's a diary about their daily life then it might be interesting to people who watch daytime TV and is probably quite cathartic for the writer.

Desiderata · 09/02/2008 23:45

I get your point, suzy.

My blog is not about me, particularly. It's about travel. Having made my OP, as it were, I intend to stick to specifics, which is perhaps what people have responded to.

But thanks for helping me with my technical problem. Beatch

OP posts:
TheDevilWearsPrimark · 09/02/2008 23:45

My Blog is mainly for family and friends who live far away to keep updated.
Many of them have them too.

Plus mine is enormously funny and well written of course.

Desiderata · 09/02/2008 23:47

OK, Norks. So there's no natural link between the email and the blog. I have to look at the emails, and respond in my blog without linking?

I like the sound of that.

OP posts:
Desiderata · 09/02/2008 23:48

But of course!

OP posts:
littlelapin · 10/02/2008 17:09

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Desiderata · 10/02/2008 17:16

You're a pal

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.